Closed Thread
Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley I'm so sorry to hear will be praying extra hard ur last cycle is ur successful cycle will there be any changes in ur protocol ?

Ivf #1 BFP chemical, #2 FET bfn, #3 bfp chemical, #4 bfn, #5 FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Bongley I'm so sorry to hear will be praying extra hard ur last cycle is ur successful cycle will there be any changes in ur protocol ?

thanks @miissalina, yep I'm trying an endo scratch and PICSI, which means they use a magnifying instrument to pick out the best sperm to inject. There isn't anything seemingly wrong with my partners sperm so its a bit of a long shot but we'll try it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had BFP on and endo scratch cycle hoping it'll work for u too, no harm in trying something different given its ur last shot no harm in trying 😊 will u be cycling again in November? Or can u go straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley oh no I'm so sorry to hear that I hope you are okay (you know what I mean, as well as you can be) I hope the endo scratch works for you...have you had one done before? I heard they are good, and I guess by doing the PICSI you're giving it a really good shot....I will cross EVERYTHING that the November one works; are you going straight into it? I hope you can have a large glass of wine tonight

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies.

Another week on….

@miissalina - yeah I think it’s strange too that we have to pay for meds separately. I know the cost for a FET is much cheaper, but at the same time there is way less involved for it too, and they always get me to sign a medicare form post transfer - so aren’t they charging medicare then for that too ??

Congrats on doing your nursing. Not sure if I’ve said but I’m also a nurse. I’m in GP practice at the moment, but may be looking for another job soon if I get the negative. Not enjoying my workplace and the pay is so much crappier than what I could be getting.

Its hard to forget all the IVF stuff but maybe the break will be good for you.

@Bongley - I’m sorry about the BFN. Periods suck !! What is PICSI and what does it involve/how is it different from normal IVF ?

As for me ??

Today is CD32, or 7dp5dt.

I caved and POAS this morning. No hint of a line what so ever. Blood test isn’t booked until Thursday but I think I’m out. AF hasn’t arrived yet and my cycles are usually 25-30days so not sure what is happening there. Am on Crinone and Endometrin 100mgx2daily but haven’t found this to stop AF in the past for me.

I feel very symptomatic - fatigue, lower back pain, some nausea, bloating but thinking it must all be in my head.

May POAS again before blood test on Thursday but thinking it’s a negative.

No frosties left so will be having to take a break for a while. Not sure exactly how long - I guess it depends on how long it takes to recover $8.5K.

Haven’t been enjoying my job for months now but have been putting on off leaving because I would be entitled to maternity leave if I was pregnant. Think I may start to look around for something else. Feel so very lost and confused. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @girllikemel I'm a gp nurse as well and yes the pay is significantly less than nurses that work in the hospital only reason I'm doing my RNs is because the government pays practices more to emplys RNs over ENs was so angry when they changed from item numbers to the lump payment, I must say I enjoy my job though I also get a lot of flexibility doing ivf and uni they never winge about my time off but there's nothing worse than when ur not happy in ur job, I was considering leaving over a year ago and I thought the same as u with the ppl scheme but since ur employer doesn't pay maternity leave I'm sure it doesn't affect anything if u change jobs as long as you've been continuously working for more than 3months maybe have a look into it more
    It maybe too early to test just yet so don't give up and AF has kept away so that's a good sign I have everything crossed for you 😊
    I have actually been considering changing to a more expensive clinic but the oop cost means we couldn't keep doing them so close together im with a private clinic but it's not too bad $3500 oop for full stim cycle and $1200 for fet I got myself private health last month in case we want to change in twelve months and nothing's happened God forbid but atleast I have the option do you have private health ?? @babygirl7 thinking of u hun hoping u got a great result today

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm so sorry hun, look after yourself and big hugs

@Agirllikemel I'm sorry hun, this isn't easy it's quite a tough journey. I do hope your journey gets easier. Take care and big hugs

@miissalina how you doing hun? I too got private health cover last month, my clinic is charging me $1700 out of pocket for hospital fee this stim cycle Which covers EPU and transfer and anaesthetics etc. still have to wait 12mths to use it though lol

AFM: EPU went well today. Got 5 eggs. (2 more than last stim) I'm happy and a bit bummed as I was hoping to get around 7. But it's ok. Now just have to pray for great fert rates. Went and had some brekkie up at kings park with DF and now home, showered and resting in bed with a Gatorade. Was only asleep for 25min during EPU. Was a great experience so I was pretty happy ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 thats great FX for great fertilisation...will they call you tomorrow? Oh Im in Perth too, Kings Park would've been lovely

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Agirllikemel I'm so sorry about your BFN. I hope a line pops up, it seems strange that you have symptoms and normally get your period on time. The progesterone never delays mine either. I'd give it at another 2 days.

I've also been struggling a lot with work too. Next cycle I will take more time off but its only because I know it will be my last. When you do IVF for a year you can't take off more than the minimum or all your annual leave will be gone....!

I know what you mean about banking on maternity leave......your whole life is on hold until you get that bfp. It sucks. I hope your 4th cycle is a lucky one for you like it was for me.

PICSI is like ICSI where they inject a sperm into the egg only they examine the sperm first using a microscope and choose one that looks good.
    Last edited by Bongley; 06-10-2014 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 I'm sorry you didn't get what you expected but 5 sounds like a good number, I hope you get a great fert rate tomorrow. Keep us posted.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-10-2014)