+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Please, save me the PC tripe. I was also a long term single mum (and bought two houses as a single mum too!) and I didn't mean it disrespectfully, I simply meant to imply it would be a gift for a female/mum and I was looking for ideas as I am terrible at picking gifts. I don't know anything else about this lady except for she is a single mum, I am the vendor so don't know her personally, and I was wanting to get her something a bit special as a random act of kindness that would really be appreciated, I know how hard it is buying a home on your own!
    That's so lovely of you. I agree, especially since you don't know her personally, that a bunnings voucher would be nice. Perhaps with a box of chocolates

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A small gesture: some lovely wind chimes. You can get some really gorgeous ones, I gave my mum some pretty butterfly ones last Christmas.
    On a larger scale, some sort of outdoor furniture? My dream is to one day buy myself one of those rocking garden swings, but they are too expensive :/
    Or you can get into the theme and give her a welcome mat for the front porch Practical yet heartwarmingly cliche, hehe.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great ideas ladies! The best I had was a bottle of moet, lol, maybe Moët and a bunnings voucher? I like the eating out suggestion too! That's great!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yes, bottle of Moet and a gift voucher would definitely suffice!
    How sweet and thoughtful

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Some great ideas ladies! The best I had was a bottle of moet, lol, maybe Moët and a bunnings voucher? I like the eating out suggestion too! That's great!
    I vote the Moët!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Moët sounds like the go! Good on you for being so thoughtful. Very kind gesture

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually, if you have just sold her the house, a Bunnings voucher might look a bit "you'll be needing this to fix a few things". So while I agree that it's a much needed thing when you move, perhaps a voucher from somewhere like Freedom might give a better message.

The agent usually gives a bottle of wine/bubbles so you may be doubling up there (not that you can have too much!).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-08-2014),Super Trooper  (18-08-2014),VicPark  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If the new home owner didn't have a Mower, perhaps a mowing service voucher or something like that.

A fire extinguisher and blanket

First Aid kit

A lovely topiary (Ficus) in a big ceramic Pot

A hanging flower basket or hanging herb basket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Actually, if you have just sold her the house, a Bunnings voucher might look a bit "you'll be needing this to fix a few things". So while I agree that it's a much needed thing when you move, perhaps a voucher from somewhere like Freedom might give a better message.

The agent usually gives a bottle of wine/bubbles so you may be doubling up there (not that you can have too much!).
    Hmm didn't think of it like that. Lol. You can buy homewares etc from hardwares as well... It's not just for fixing stuff lol.

And I agree re: can't have too many bubbles! But then she might not drink? Argh! Haha

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    it seemed so easy futher up the page! Maybe some choccies/plant and a voucher for freedom or somewhere, I agree a bunnings voucher would be useful but I also agree it could come across the wrong way