+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Will my daughter ever sleep through the night?

I know this is probably a hard one to answer as every child is different, however, friends of mine have said that their children slept through the night at 2 months. The difference is that they are on formula. Will she ever sleep through the night on breast milk?

P.S. This is my first bub so every day I'm learning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes she will! Two of my BF babies slept through at 6 and 7 weeks but my third BF baby didn't sleep through until 10 months, as you said they're all different Big hugs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My bub is 4.5 months and has only slept through twice. Having said that he only wakes once for a feed at around 2am anyway. You may think I'm crazy but I wish he woke more. The fact that he is going so long between feeds now damaged my supply and I'm fighting to get it back now. I once had a supply that could feed 3 children and now I'm struggling. So my advice is if you want to breastfeed long term, enjoy the late night snuggles during the feeds because the sleepless nights won't be forever and you will maintain a good supply.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your quick response!! I did have her sleeping 5 hour blocks until she had her immunisations last week but since then it's just gone backwards and I feel like I'm never going to get back there!!!

You have at least given me a some hope!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heavenblue, you have a good point there!! I'm just really struggling. The night time she wakes 3-4 times and during the day I am only able to get her to sleep twice if I'm lucky and she only stays down for 1 to 1.5hrs so I'm barely getting anything done. Haven't made a proper meal since before I had bub!!!! I don't feel human!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did pretty much everything the same with both my bubs. One was sleeping through 12-13 hours by 12 weeks. The other is 14 months and still needs an overnight feed!

The good night sleeper would only take 15-20 minute day naps though. So I was thrilled when my second would nap 40min-1.5 hours!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is hard to say when each bub will sleep through. Don't mean to alarm you but my 3 year old is still waking up every now and then. Sounds strange but you will get use to waking up at night and it won't feel so draining. It just becomes part of life.

Sent from my SM-T310 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-08-2014),Mona424  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD only started sleeping through the night at 5.5yrs. Yep 5.5 YEARS. And in that time I had two boys as well. I am so tired I can't think straight most days. She is 6 next month, my boys are 2.5yrs and 15 months old and neither are sleeping through the night yet.

So yes. She will sleep through... Eventually! Every child is different. Hopefully yours is a lot better than mine lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I did pretty much everything the same with both my bubs. One was sleeping through 12-13 hours by 12 weeks. The other is 14 months and still needs an overnight feed!

The good night sleeper would only take 15-20 minute day naps though. So I was thrilled when my second would nap 40min-1.5 hours!
    Wow!! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if bub eventually slept 12-13 hours!!

Just a question, how many naps did your children have on average a day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    My DD only started sleeping through the night at 5.5yrs. Yep 5.5 YEARS. And in that time I had two boys as well. I am so tired I can't think straight most days. She is 6 next month, my boys are 2.5yrs and 15 months old and neither are sleeping through the night yet.

So yes. She will sleep through... Eventually! Every child is different. Hopefully yours is a lot better than mine lol
    Oh I hope so!!! You sound like a super mum to have three children who don't sleep through!