+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Could have written your post @lilypily. 5 stims and 9 embryos later and not a whiff of success.
    Annoying huh ? We are about to call it as I'm so over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies it's good to hear your stories as it's a real eye-opener. I'm under no illusion that it will be easy and that's what scares me.
    We don't have any frosties left so will have to stim again.

I met with FS yesterday and although he couldn't promise a baby he did say that he will replicate the exact protocol which lead to my pregnancy.

I said to myself I'd only do one more stim + FETs before calling it quits but I can imagine getting caught up in it all once again .
    Congrats to those who have had success and for those still trying I wish you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 stim cycles, one heartbreaking miscarriage at 9 weeks and no baby #2. I don't think it's going to happen for us. My eggs are crap, I'm getting too old and financially it's a killer.

Breaks my heart every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    6 stim cycles, one heartbreaking miscarriage at 9 weeks and no baby #2. I don't think it's going to happen for us. My eggs are crap, I'm getting too old and financially it's a killer.

Breaks my heart every day.
    Hugs @Truffle you are not alone. It's a terrible situation xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know @lilypily I have followed your story. My heart breaks for you as well. Big hugs to you and your little man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lillac, it also took me 4 cycles to conceive my DS through ICSI, I was 32. I'm due on Tuesday with #2 after 1st transfer which was a FET, I'm now 35. I had the same worries as you with the 2nd. We actually started a fresh cycle for number 2 but did so poorly the cycle was cancelled. I'm very thankful we had a frozen embryo left. Hope you don't have to wait too long for success with your 2nd.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sammy6 For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had my first IVF bub when I was 40 after trying for 3 years. It took 4 fresh cycles, never had any to freeze.
    Now trying for my second and about to embark on my 5th cycle (with 1 cancelled cycle so 8 all up so far). I think I have one more cycle in me after this. I've had a few chemical pregnancies so I feel so close but no cigar as they say. Plus I'm turning 42 in 2 months...yipes.
    I am wishing that I had cut off breastfeeding my DS earlier (than 6 months) to get started IVF sooner, it took so long to get things started again. Ah well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Jazzz99  (04-11-2014),Lillac  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I've just had my first child last month but I'm 40 so need to plan ahead if I want one more. Does anyone have any advice to speed up the process for those about to try again for a second? For example, I can say to book the clinic well in advance because there is usually a 3 month wait for an initial appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jazz congratulations on your new baby!
    I don't see the problem with booking in an FS appointment in advance especially if there is a waiting period.
    I booked mine at exactly 12 months after my son was born. I took my own FS advice as he had told me to wait 12 months before going back for baby no #2.
    He said this would allow time to enjoy my baby and to let my body recover completely from birth.

I stopped breast feeding at 7 months to induce my periods and let my body have 3 natural cycles. To be honest if I didn't have age factor to consider I would have waited longer as I still so tired and busy with my son I have no idea how it world be like with two of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jazzz99 as I said above, I wish I had stopped breastfeeding earlier (maybe at 3 months) to kick start my periods and get the IVF process up and running faster. Just on my 6th and last cycle for a sibling now. I've just turned 42, I started when I was 40.

Good luck!