+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC for baby no#2 using IVF . How long did the second time time?

I'm looking for experiences of ladies who fell pregnant through IVF for baby no 2 -- how long did it take? Was it straightforward or not?
    I've got a 13 month old DS conceived through ICSI. Took 4 cycles to get a BFP. We are thinking of going back for baby no 2 soon as I'm turning 37 soon.
    I'm worried that the second time round won't be any easier or less stressful given I'm older now. It's unlikely we will get a surprise natural BFP as main issue is MFI. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lillac, I'd like to know this too. We are ttc #2. My DS is nearly 20months, took 4 transfers from two stims to get him, also ICSI/TESA. We got 3 blasty to the freezer so are working our way thru them and I really hoped I would get #2 from these and not have to do another stim as I've just turned 36 and my frosties were made when I was 33. We have waited this long because I was breastfeeding DS until he was 16 months and I had to completely stop before I got my period back!! (Down to 1 feed a day and it still hadn't come back!)

Now I might regret waiting so long but we will see. I have one frosty left. First FET was bfn, 2nd FET is about to end in early miscarriage (I'm six weeks but levels are dropping). So I hope my last little one will be it.

Did u have any in the freezer? My FS told me that once u have had a baby thru ivf your chances of conceiving again are better. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

We did ivf/icsi originally for mfi and were lucky enough to fall pg with DS on cycle #2. We were both 36. We assumed we would fall again pretty easily and went back again when DS was 10 months. It took me another 5 cycles, 2 years and a change of FS to get pg again. In that time I was diagnosed with low AMH and adenomyosis. We had nearly given up and decided to be happy with just 1 but I'm so glad we persisted. So unfortunately for me, it was definitely just as hard, actually harder. Hope that's not the case for both of you! Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Still trying. Five stims and 10 embryos later still going.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could have written your post @lilypily. 5 stims and 9 embryos later and not a whiff of success.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd isn't quite four months old yet but I've already been thinking about when we will try again. This thread is making me think we should do it sooner rather than later.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only took me two goes .... First time took 8 long stim cycles. I did almost exactly the same protocol as finally found what worked. My bff took two goes for # 2 her first she got pg first ivf. So i consider myself lucky.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are currently pregnant with our no 2 from our second cycle/first FET. Feel very blessed. I have no tubes but seem to have reasonable eggs and no MFI
    Best of luck x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also been wondering the same lately. We are thinking of trying for number 2 soon. We got lucky on transfer number 5 to have DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 7 weeks with bub no.2. We were very lucky and fell first FET cycle this time. I'm nearly 32. We did a year of fertility treatment to fall pregnant with DD. Clomid, IUI (which ended in an ectopic and losing tube) then we did IVF and 2 FET. We were told by our FS that it took 3 cycles to fall so expect the same this time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin Amara For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (16-08-2014)