+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A little advice...

Just wondering at what age you introduced a blanket into your child's cot? I'm staying away from home for a few nights and it is extremely cold where I am. I and finding that the layers of clothing and the sleeping bag are not cutting it and had to bed share with my little one last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always used a blanket in my bubs cot (even over a sleeping bag). I only use 100% cotton and bamboo so I do not consider the blankets to be a risk at all. I assume you mean that you are worried about overheating or SIDS or something....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mostly worried about SIDS. DD is 14 months and I am sleeping in the same room while we are away. She has a blanket on but I just can't sleep as I'm worried. She is happily snoring away though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 13 months and we've never really used a blanket as he rolls around too much. But a few times I've popped one over him during his day nap if it's been a bit cold and he's been totally fine with it. Usually he ends up on top of it though...

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always use a blanket on our 13 month twins as we live in a cold climate. However recently they have started to wiggle and spin in their cot so I think we might remove it to be on the safe side with tangles. I don't want them to accidentally get face covered. Have only used those lightweight cotton type ones which are quite breathable on top of sleeping bag. And mostly only cover from waist down so it's probably not doing much!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We introduced a blanket not long after DS4 turned one and tend to use a oil heater on low to warm the air as he just won't keep it on anyway, even now at almost two.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a blanket from the time DD was about 8 months as it was getting too cold in Canberra overnight. Plus an oil heater on low to take chill off. I tucked it in very firmly down each side of the cot, she was always fine never found her under it as when she rolled it stayed tucked in.