+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much for sharing your story

Whilst your experience was much more extreme than mine (I have a 31+2 weeker), I really relate to a lot of what you wrote, especially the emotions.

I remember bawling my eyes out in the shower on day 3 when it hit me like a tonne of bricks that I'd have to leave my baby in hospital when I was discharged. Walking out of that hospital on day 6 and leaving my little guy in the NICU was the most gut-wrenching moment of my life.

Your DD truly is a little miracle baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are such a strong woman. I can't imagine going through what you went through. Such an inspiration x

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your story

Whilst your experience was much more extreme than mine (I have a 31+2 weeker), I really relate to a lot of what you wrote, especially the emotions.

I remember bawling my eyes out in the shower on day 3 when it hit me like a tonne of bricks that I'd have to leave my baby in hospital when I was discharged. Walking out of that hospital on day 6 and leaving my little guy in the NICU was the most gut-wrenching moment of my life.

Your DD truly is a little miracle baby
    Absolutely right about having to leave the hospital. I live a distance from the hospital and I was so worked up the Dr who came to discharge me came back a few minutes later and said he could keep me there a few extra days if I wanted him to. As nice as the offer was though I needed to be with dp and dd1 because I just felt so isolated. I couldn't have dd2 in with me, dp and dd1 were an hour and a half away and I never felt more alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Such a well written and successful story! To look back now must be such a relief, though at the time I am sure it was the hardest time in your lives!

My friend had her little girl at 27 weeks due to pre-eclampsia - she was 582grams! She too is doing very well and is the wee little dancer and entertainer.

Wishing you well for this bub coming soon... BUT NOT THAT SOON! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks to all of you who have commented that you enjoyed reading my story or thanking me for posting it, I honestly didn't expect that feedback, and was hoping that I wasn't sending every pregnant woman with slight cramps rushing to the hospital!!!

Big virtual hugs to those who can relate to the story. I also wanted to add (not that anyone has expressed it, but just in case it was thought) that no matter how long your NICU journey its still traumatic, the aspects of leaving your child behind, waiting for your first hold etc are all the same regardless of whether the stay was 20 or 100 days - don't let anyone make you feel like your journey must have been easier than theres.

The best example of that is when people ask what gestation I would be happy to reach this pregnancy, or whether a 32 weeker would seem a walk in the park. Well, no, anything other than a 'take home baby' will be gut wrenching.

Oh and thank you, I also think DD is gorgeous, but I am biased

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (18-08-2014),HillDweller  (18-08-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing your journey
    It brought back so many emotions! That feeling when leaving the hospital is one that I can relate to so much, but the moment I got dd2 through our front door was so much more surreal. It was strange holding bub in absolute quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I still remember you msging me as my daughter has the same name and born at same gestation in 2.0.1.0

I've had a name change used to be TB.

Reading your story brings back everything I went through with our gorgeous girl. It was actually 4 years ago today my waters broke with her.

So happy to see Olivia has grown and is doing well as I often wonder how you guys got on xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    The best example of that is when people ask what gestation I would be happy to reach this pregnancy, or whether a 32 weeker would seem a walk in the park. Well, no, anything other than a 'take home baby' will be gut wrenching.
    I sincerely hope you have a textbook, uncomplicated pregnancy & birth experience this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you for sharing your story, I am so glad the outcome was that gorgeous little girl in that photo!
    Well done on starting the charity - how wonderful that you saw the gap and filled it.
    Best of luck for your pregnancy - may you go full term and have a very boring pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Wow! What an amazing story. Your DD is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your journey with us all. Wishing you a very boring pregnancy and birth this time round xx