Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD1 had hers done at 5 months. She cried for about 2 minutes and that was the end of it. They were done simultaneously and was over really quick. She's 3 now and loves them.

DD2 is nearly 1 and im regretting that I havent had hers done yet (just haven't got around to it) at shes at the age now that she will touch them etc.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may be totally naive here, but why would a baby or toddler need earrings? I've never heard of that before!

Do people get their babies nose rings too? Or eyebrow rings, or nipple rings? I'm genuinely confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got both my girls ears pierced at 6&8 weeks old. It was quick and easy with booby fixing any tears quickly. On their first birthday I swapped the initial earrings for 24carat gold little hoops as they are easier to keep clean.

Wouldn't recommend getting an older baby or toddler their ears pierced as they move too much.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

cantwait1  (16-08-2014),GlitterFarts  (16-08-2014),snowqu33n  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I wish my parents never got my ears pierced when I was a baby. I've had no end of trouble with them my whole life, countless infections and pain. Now im 28 and would love to be able to wear the diamond earrings my DH gave me 8 years ago but I've had to let me holes close up because of all the trouble and now if I want them re-pierced it has to be done off centre because scar tissue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I want to get my daughters ears pierced but i dont want her to be in agony.. She will be 6 months on the 25th of Aug.
    Can someone thats gotten their childs ears pierced young tell me what im in for?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haven't read any previous answers.

I did my did at 9 months, my sisters actually took her in, she did cry for about 2 minutes and then she was back to normal, similar to her getting needles.
    I am very glad we did, she loves her earrings (she's nearly five now) we had no issues with infections or healing etc. Compared to my niece who has now requested to have them done twice and played with then so much they got infected and has taken them out, she wants earrings but is now too scared after having them done twice and remembering it due to being much older she won't even let us try to pop then back through
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 16-08-2014 at 06:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's funny how things change over time..
    Getting your ears pierced young was just the done thing when I was little. I think I was around 4 or 5 when mine were done and all the kids had them when I started school. I certainly don't remember anything about the pain (I had a gun at the hairdressers) so I guess I wasn't too traumatised by it and I don't think for one second my mother was cruel for getting them done.

Funnily enough, I do remember vividly getting a tooth taken out when I was 5 though... Omg it was terrifying and really really scary and I still remember it 30 years on.

I still have the original holes from when I was 4-5 and have never had any issues what so ever even though I'm not a jewellrey wearer and haven't worn earrings in 10 years (they are still open).

I probably won't get dd's done anytime soon unless she starts pestering me mainly because most kids don't have them done where we live so I'll just wait until it becomes an issue and something she wants herself.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 16-08-2014 at 07:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Please View Post
    I may be totally naive here, but why would a baby or toddler need earrings? I've never heard of that before!

Do people get their babies nose rings too? Or eyebrow rings, or nipple rings? I'm genuinely confused
    Hindus pierce their children's nose as young as 5 years old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, do a quick google search and you will see an overwhelming amount of people advising NOT to use a gun.

Although I'm not a professional piercer, I know quite a few that are (including those that also do more extreme body modifications). NONE of them will use a gun. Hygiene aside, there are a few other factors:
    •The studs used to pierce with a gun are blunt, ever heard of blunt force trauma?
    •The studs are too short to allow for adequate swelling during the healing process
    • The 'butterfly' backings used are a breeding ground for bacteria because of all of the crevices
    •It's not as accurate to line up to proposed piercing position compared to a needle
    •A needle gives you a nice clean hole, much the same as a scalpel would; a stud does not
    •A needle being pushed through your ear is less painful than a stud - I can attest to this as I had my first holes pierced with a gun and 2 years later my second holes done with a needle, the difference isn't even comparable

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooedmum View Post
    As a professional piercer, try sticking a needle through a toddlers ear and then expect them to sit still and through the second ear, something I refuse to do due to trauma and the fear of that little person....
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    If you're not comfortable piercing toddler's ears with a needle, you shouldn't be piercing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    If you're not comfortable piercing toddler's ears with a needle, you shouldn't be piercing them.
    Thank you for your opinion on my profession, if you would like your child forcibly held down while someone pierces their ears clearly your parenting is as great as your body modification standards...
    not great!

Again, I'm only knew to bub hub and have only stuck to the one forum, was warned about online trolls when I first signed up but had no idea that I'd so quickly have to a to defend my beliefs and professional opinions so fast.....people are entitled to make there own choices including for there children, as a heavily pierced and tattooed parent to be any day now I have no intentions of piercing my daughter's ears until she is of a consensual age...my choice and opinion but I don't "force" it onto people.
    I can only give advice on my experience....
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tattooedmum For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (16-08-2014),Liddybugs  (16-08-2014),PomPoms  (16-08-2014),SammiJane  (16-08-2014),sky1  (16-08-2014),Sonja  (16-08-2014),undercover7  (16-08-2014),~Marigold~  (16-08-2014)