Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mortlake, VIC
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked
    831
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    What did she say about it?
    ^^this!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I got my ears pierced when I was 8 and I was scared $hitless and cried from the shock and pain. So my bet is your bub will feel the pain and will cry too.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,157
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    765
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    What did she say about it?
    Oh come on, it’s not like she’s getting her a permanent tattoo.

    Ear piercings will most likely close if they are not used, especially in young children.

    OP did not ask, "should I?", she was asking for advice on the procedure.

    Some people get their children’s ears and noses pierced as apart of their cultural beliefs and celebrations.

    Now, shall we ask a child if he/she wants to get circumcised, vaccinated, use a walker...

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (15-08-2014),atomicmama  (16-08-2014),bunkx  (15-08-2014),GlitterFarts  (16-08-2014),Jodes35  (16-08-2014),Liddybugs  (16-08-2014),snowqu33n  (17-08-2014)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    812
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Oh come on, it’s not like she’s getting her a permanent tattoo.

    Ear piercings will most likely close if they are not used, especially in young children.

    OP did not ask, "should I?", she was asking for advice on the procedure.

    Some people get their children’s ears and noses pierced as apart of their cultural beliefs and celebrations.

    Now, shall we ask a child if he/she wants to get circumcised, vaccinated, use a walker...
    Vaccinations are done so babies don't get sick and die. Ear piercing is done for no good reason and is of no benefit to the child. It's hardly the same thing. Using a walker is not going to hurt a child and isn't altering their body so again, not the same. As far as circumcision goes, I wouldn't do that to my baby either.

    Ear piercings can get infected and leave the baby's ears deformed. Their ears also grow (obviously) so the piercings can end up looking lopsided or crooked when they get older. Not to mention you are deliberately, willingly putting your child through pain for absolutely no reason, except that YOU want them to have it done. Not good enough IMO.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

    LaDiDah  (15-08-2014),Lincolns mummy  (16-08-2014),MummaCat  (15-08-2014),NoteToSelf  (16-08-2014),VicPark  (15-08-2014),Vonnie89  (16-08-2014)

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    What did she say about it?
    This!

    Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    812
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    As a professional piercer, I'm surprised that you advise using a gun :what:


    OP, there's some good information about using the gun for ear piercing in this link:
    http://www.safepiercing.org/piercing/faq/
    Definitely not something I would expect a professional to say it is widely known among piercers (and most people who get piercings) that guns are bad.

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,157
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    765
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree on that point Darcy (vaccinations)

    But I reckon there are more adults wishing they were never circumcised in comparison to wishing they never had their ear pierced.

    (And other decisions parents made for them) that's life I guess.

    Sorry to derail thread OP
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 15-08-2014 at 22:54.

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    But I reckon there are more adults wishing they were never circumcised in comparison to wishing they never had their ear pierced.
    That's probably because people don't orgasm through their ears. It doesn't make the ear piercing anymore or any less painful.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    As a professional piercer I'm more than well aware of the risks in any procedure where bodily fluids can be exchanged.
    As I stated, properly tagged and sterilized equipment poses no threat to the client receiving the procedure, it is also widely known that piercing guns are looked down upon as they shatter cartlidge possibly leaving the area deformed or prone to collapse....there is no cartilage in an ear lobe hence my suggestion for a gun with small children and babies.

    As a professional piercer, try sticking a needle through a toddlers ear and then expect them to sit still and through the second ear, something I refuse to do due to trauma and the fear of that little person....
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tattooedmum For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (16-08-2014),Jodes35  (16-08-2014),Liddybugs  (16-08-2014),LotusMum  (16-08-2014),MonsterMummy  (15-08-2014),SammiJane  (16-08-2014),undercover7  (16-08-2014)

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    812
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooedmum View Post
    As a professional piercer I'm more than well aware of the risks in any procedure where bodily fluids can be exchanged.
    As I stated, properly tagged and sterilized equipment poses no threat to the client receiving the procedure, it is also widely known that piercing guns are looked down upon as they shatter cartlidge possibly leaving the area deformed or prone to collapse....there is no cartilage in an ear lobe hence my suggestion for a gun with small children and babies.

    As a professional piercer, try sticking a needle through a toddlers ear and then expect them to sit still and through the second ear, something I refuse to do due to trauma and the fear of that little person....
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I would think most professionals would just refuse to pierce a child that young at all. Especially since, as you say, it causes them "fear and trauma". But whatever, your standards are obviously different to most professionals.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ear Piercing for baby girl
    By Shahy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-12-2015, 20:27
  2. Cut behind DS ears
    By Hasselhoff in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 05:45
  3. Anyone else getting piercing pain in inner thigh? (39 wks pregnant)
    By MissHB in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-12-2013, 16:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!