Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Piercing 6 month old ears?

I want to get my daughters ears pierced but i dont want her to be in agony.. She will be 6 months on the 25th of Aug.
    Can someone thats gotten their childs ears pierced young tell me what im in for?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't pierced my dd's ears, but just wanted to advise that you go to a professional piercer that uses a needle, rather than a pharmacy or salon that uses a gun. It's much more hygienic and gives a cleaner hole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my DDs ear pierced at 7months with the guns.
    alot of people recommended needle but i could not find someone who did it with a needle near where i live. And the pharmacy i went to was highly recommended by alot of other moms.
    the lady was wonderful. She marked the holes and took some time to make sure they were at the same level than i held DDs head still while she and her assisstant did the holes stimultaneously...oververy quickly.
    yes DD cried but it was nothing more than what she had with her vaccination needles and was perfectly fine afterwards. I Got a cleaning spray to clean the ears with during next few days and had no problem with infection. She is 3 now and we havnt had any problems.
    do ask around to findout who is good around your area..there are lots of people who do piercings but not all are good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying guys I dont think id want a gun to be used as ive heard a lot of nasty things about them, but that being said not all of them go wrong etc. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!!!
    Just saw your thread on ear piercing and so good to see people researching!!
    I've been a tattooist and body piercer now for going on 19 years. ( that makes me sound old!)
    When piercing an ear lobe, a piercing gun won't do any damage, guns are very strongly not recommended for any other part of the body as the shatter the cartilage inside the ears, nose etc.
    As a piercer the most humane and untramatic way to pierce a baby or child is with a gun as it's quick and 2 can be done at one time!
    So very important to find a well respected, clean and researched studio as unsterilised equipment so easily spread infection!
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tattooedmum For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (16-08-2014),LotusMum  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just realised that I wrote 19 years when I meant 10!!!!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooedmum View Post
    Hello!!!
    Just saw your thread on ear piercing and so good to see people researching!!
    I've been a tattooist and body piercer now for going on 19 years. ( that makes me sound old!)
    When piercing an ear lobe, a piercing gun won't do any damage, guns are very strongly not recommended for any other part of the body as the shatter the cartilage inside the ears, nose etc.
    As a piercer the most humane and untramatic way to pierce a baby or child is with a gun as it's quick and 2 can be done at one time!
    So very important to find a well respected, clean and researched studio as unsterilised equipment so easily spread infection!
    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile
    As a professional piercer, I'm surprised that you advise using a gun :what:

OP, there's some good information about using the gun for ear piercing in this link:
    http://www.safepiercing.org/piercing/faq/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

babyla  (15-08-2014),CMF  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    As a professional piercer, I'm surprised that you advise using a gun :what:

OP, there's some good information about using the gun for ear piercing in this link:
    http://www.safepiercing.org/piercing/faq/
    Totally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Reusable ear piercing guns can put clients in direct contact with the blood and body fluids of previous clients."

This sentence is enough for me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I want to get my daughters ears pierced
    What did she say about it?

13. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (15-08-2014),babyla  (15-08-2014),btmacxxx  (16-08-2014),callmedragon22  (15-08-2014),CMF  (15-08-2014),Curby  (15-08-2014),DarcyJ  (15-08-2014),HappyBovinexx  (15-08-2014),Lincolns mummy  (15-08-2014),MilkingMaid  (15-08-2014),Mokeybear  (16-08-2014),MsViking  (15-08-2014),Mum2b87  (15-08-2014),MummaCat  (15-08-2014),NoteToSelf  (16-08-2014),Redcorset  (15-08-2014),VicPark  (15-08-2014)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast