Closed Thread
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Btw, can anybody tell me when you're meant to have your next intralipid/IVIG after a BFP? I will ring Gwyneth tomorrow to get it sorted but just wondering if it needs to be within days or 2 weeks or next weekend or what...

Thanks x
    fantastic news legwarmer and congrats. I did IL before ovulation to concieve but then ended up doing IVIG at week 5 (only 3 weeks later). The very early stages are crucial in an immune pregnancy as u don't want the body to reject it. If given the choice between an IVIG and IL at this early stage I personally would go with an IVIG as it kicks in in a couple of hours and is so much stronger. Go to your GP and get a form for serial hcg and progesterone blood draw and u can keep going back and getting as many blood draws as u want without having to go back to the dr. I would just call G and tell her which pathology place i was using and she would get the result for me by mid morning. Once I had 3 rising draws I then did an infusion. Wishing you a very easy stress free pregnancy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Miss Sagi I have elevated CD163 macrophages and elevated CD56 uterine NK cell count. Plus MTHFR hetero (though nobody actually said to me that could be a problem with conceiving). I don't know so much about what they all mean, I kind of leave that to the doctors.

Dr M's protocol for me is prednisolone (I took a slightly longer run than he suggested though in the lead up to transfer), clexane 60, neupogen and I've had one intralipids infusion. My FS also has me on high dose progesterone as my levels are usually quite low.

@Nidhulaine thank you. And great advice on the BTs, I will do that! I somehow managed to get a phone appointment with Dr M today. I don't know how, Gwyneth was onside this morning and mega helpful. Usually it takes me around 5 phone calls just to get her to throw me a bone. Dr M wants to see 3 x rising draws and then go back withing the next 2 weeks for IVIG. He did offer the choice of that or intralipids but recommends I do IVIG, and so of course I will go with this. If I get that far, touch wood.

Starting to get a little nervous today for my BT results tomorrow. DH's reaction last night was so lovely, he came home with flowers for me today and a one-eyed Minion toy from Toys Are Us from Despicable Me (I love those movies). Very sweet.

Thanks for the love ladies, @bbhope @McG Bertie @ladybug14 @francesthecat and beautiful @PreciousHeart and @soclose if you are still reading, I always think of you and hope you are doing OK x
    Last edited by Legwarmer; 27-10-2014 at 17:51.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (28-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (27-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Legwarmer on your BFP !! Yay such amazing news xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Legwarmer.... how lovely of your DH, bringing you flowers and a toy....has brought tears to my eyes :-)) Hope it all goes perfectly smoothly from now on.

AFM.... have been having BTs almost everyday to track ovulation. Go back again tomorrow so am thinking it must be pretty close, but having to get up at 5am for BTs are not my cup-of-tea, but if it will produce a baby, it will be worth it in the end :-))

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh that's so sweet of your DH Legwarmer, how cute (and flowers well deserved!!!) - I'm sure your bloods will be great in the morning don't you worry! and good advice from Nidhulaine on the blood draws for HCG and P4 : ) - when did you have the scratch in this cycle, was it the cycle before you started this one or was it day 5 of this cycle with Genea?

Dr M advised me to have scratch in the cycle prior rather than day 5 (I have Cd57 NK in uterus so this could be why?)... also Genea have told me that EmbryoGlue is actually the same as/similar to their culture medium which only they use as they developed it - you didn't get embryoglue did you cause you're with Genea?

So excited to hear your results tomorrow!!!! And I'd definitely go for the IVIG... it's so weird but after the IVIG I had bad headaches for a few days then after a week or so I just felt so good in my body I can't explain it, there was just a really comfortable feeling I haven't had for a long time and I'm sure it was the IVIG, it lasted a couple of weeks, so I must say I think it is excellent stuff!!! Also (TMI) but the period I got after having the IVIG with the BFN was completely painless, it was incredible, I kept forgetting I had AF! must've been the IVIG calming down my crazy crazy uterus... interesting huh? normally I feel pain at least on one day and often it is quite bad for a good few hours.

MCGBertie I hope your transfer gets under way soon and that everything is perfect for you!!!

Francesthecat I know you're in such turmoil but I can hear humour and optimism in your voice and that's really nice after what you've been through, and continue to go through... I'm so sorry and I hope you're in a fantastic place really soon.

Ladybug hello! so lovely to hear you are so far along already and all is going well, wow, just seems like yesterday you told us all you were pregnant!!!

Hi to bbhope, Nidhulaine, hopefullyanotherbaby, and all the newbies too, hope all is going well for you all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    also... a doxy question I have - has anyone done Dr M's doxycycline protocol 3 cycles in a row? I did 14days of 1tablet a day in August, then 7days of 2 a day in Sept... now I'm wondering if I need to / should do it again for November or is it too much?... antibiotics suck... but do you guys do this with every cycle? I haven't asked him yet, just wondering what your experiences are? Ladybug I remember you were taking doxy yes? He told me it was in case of infection... any other reasons for taking it? I found in my research that the treatment for chlamydia is 5 days of 2 a day!!! not that I have chlamydia ha ha

What do you all think???

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart I had the scratch on my last 2 cycles actually, both on day 5. But I had a 3 month break between the cycles. I never asked for embryo glue... I'd vaguely heard of it on the EDA forums but never really thought to ask my FS for it. Interesting what you found out about Genea.

And the IVIG sounds nice! Aside from the headaches... And the bankruptcy part.

Well bloods are done now, going home to have a sleep & wait for the nurses call. Been awake since 2:30am agh, the steroid insomnia has hit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (28-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart do you know when you'll cycle again? Could you have the scratch done this month & transfer the next? Maybe ask your FS what he thinks too & make a call. Mine wanted me to have it done on the same cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Legwarmer, best of luck for the BT results. Hope they call you quickly!!
    @PreciousHeart, I did doxy each immune cycle. I had a month break between 1 and 2 and then 2 and 3 back to back. I think doxy is mostly for infection but it does also have an effect on the immune system too. I imagine with all the doxy, if you had any infection, it would be gone by now and with all the other immune drugs I can't imagine doxy's small immune effect would do much. Ask Dr M tho. I can understand trying to avoid anything unnecessary. We ended up like walking pharmacies!

So excited that I get a break from clexane for 2 weeks because of the clot!!! Woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Well my levels came back at 572 today! So nice and strong. I have cried about 4 times since the nurses call from happiness. And shock.

Getting them rechecked on Friday, and it's all one step and one day at a time, but Dr M is the boss!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (28-10-2014)