Closed Thread
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Operationsbabyg..... my NKCs are:
    - CD56+ is 8.7% (where 25th percentile is 2.1%, mean is 4% and 75th percentile is 5.5%, so considerably higher than that)
    - CD163+ is 280/mm2 (where 25th percentile is 150, mean is 208 and 75th percentile is 260, so a bit higher than that)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

operationbabyg  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi MGC Bertie so exciting you're starting another cycle! What are your immune issues, I can't remember... you don't have any uterine NKs I recall, just interested to see what your Dr M protocol is treating.

Also is there any risk of being over suppressed using steroids & neupogen together, does anyone know?

For our next & final cycle I'll be doing:

Dex 1mg then 1.5 at transfer although I'm wondering whether to go back to 2mg... did this prior to using neupogen...
    IVIG 10 days prior to transfer
    Neupogen & 60 clexane 1 week prior
    400mg progesterone after transfer then 800mg on BFP
    Think I'll do doxy again too
    ENDO scratch in previous cycle
    Embryo glue I hope (thanks so much everyone for telling me about this!!!!)

Lovely Nidhulaine you took 2mg Dex & neupogen together, do you know anything about possibilities of too much suppression? Will try & ask Dr M... Gosh I wish there were clearer guideline for all this... Maybe I should just stop googling!!!!
    precious I get pregnant with no drugs but was losing them all. I even started the drugs on BFP and managed to finally carry past 6 weeks but lost at 12 weeks due to triploid. I can only tell you what my own experience is but obviously for me the immune drugs prevented miscarriage but even the high dose of Dex (2mg) and Neupogen (100mcg) has not interfered with implantation. As I said it is only my own perspective but I wouldn't worry about over suppression and levels of all drugs can be adjusted once you are pregnant, that was my experience anyway. Good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Precious.... my immune issues are:
    - high ANA (80 titre)
    - high NKC (uterine) 56+ (mine is 8.7%, considerably above 75th percentile) and 163+ (mine is 280/mm2, so a bit above the 75th percentile)
    - elevated DQ Alpha 1 and DQ Beta 1
    - CD 19(B cell) 0.51
    - HLA - DR (Class II) 0.53
    - CD 8 (T Sup) 0.20, which then make the CD 4 / CD 8 ratio wrong at 6.8.
    That's enough, isn't it?

Interestingly, Dr M has only put me on 0.5mg of Dex (though 1mg from week before FET), whereas you're on 1mg and then 1.5mg from transfer, and yes, I'd read others took 2mg. I wonder how he makes the different judgements?

Waitforyou... sorry I can't advice, I've never had a lap or hysteroscoy, never even had them suggested to me. Is this something else I should be researching??? Lol!!
    Hi MGC your steroid dose is to treat not only the NKs but particularly the ANAs. Your ANA titre is just positive compared to ladies like myself who have titres of 1/640 and 1/1280, which is good news as the higher titres are linked to miscarriage and having an autoimmune disease. My 1/640 titre and history of miscarriages ment a high dose of 2 mg of Dex.

waitfor, I have endo and have had 4 laps and 3 D&Cs and the laps are fine. The D&Cs are the ones you need to be careful with as you can end up with lining problems like ashermans. Also had several hysterscopy which are very safe. For me all three procedures have dramatically increased my chances of implantation, my 4yr old was an accidental natural conception in a cycle with a lap and I did a hysterscopy in in feb and with buckets of immune meds I am now 34 weeks. Generally a lap helps but if your worried talk to Dr M

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Nidhulaine... interesting what you say re the laps etc & implantation. After the scratch was suggested for me last week I starting thinking and turns out I had a D&c 2 months prior to 2 of 3 clinical pregnancies & I was wondering it they had helped, who knows?! Hoping the scratch will be similar & work for me this time round. Gosh you're so close now to having your by in your arms, yay!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @waitforyou: in term of biopsy, there is no difference between what DrM does and FS. They all sent to lab for testing. Unless your FS only wants to do a scratch, which is the same but doesn't send for testing. As for hysteroscopy, DrM uses a scope to look inside. Because of this, you would have to go under. When i looked at the bill from DrM, it also includes D&C. I suspect he had to dilate my cervix to get the scope in. If you only need the biopsy test, you can do it with your FS to save some $$. I won't comment on the lab because obviously DrM sends the sample to a different lab than the rest of Sydney clinics. Because of this, only he can interpret the result. If you go with the lab that all other sydney clinics uses, it seems easier to interpret the results yourself and standardized. I didn't know until after the fact. I did a scratch with a local FS (i am from perth) few months later, though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for those who asked about the embryo glue, the embryo is dipped into a special solution few hours prior transferring. I watched the video once and don't remember the names of the chemical ingredient. Basically, it is a chemical compound that is "attracted" to the lining so binding can occur. It isn't really a "glue" because the embie is still free to move around. But you know where it gets its name. DrM likes it because it has a small amount of IVIG similar chemical.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Wow babychino that's great. How have you done it? I've been struggling to lose the weight I put on with prednisolone in June! I'm getting there but I've only lost about 5kgs and have another 5kgs to go before I'm back to what I was before!
    @francesthecat and @Chiefsgirl - thank you! It was very difficult to achieve that but I feel great. I have always had troubles losing weight all my life really and surprised that I can do it this time! And I hate working out! So I started off with Lite n Easy for 7 weeks, lost about 4 Kgs then my body stopped losing weight since it got used to the diet. Then I started on Paleo Diet and now I'm on a strict no carbs diet. It is very very very hard with no carbs especially breakfast but it really helps and very quick results as well. In total about 10 Kgs just from no carbs. I would recommend starting with lite n easy to get used to portion control then get off it. Lite n Easy works very well!!! But I just got sick of frozen meals after sometime.

I have no choice in my case since I have PCOS which means let body produces very low about of insulin. That is another factor for not getting pregnant too. Dr. nick said lose weight or I won't start you lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babychino For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (20-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for being slack with posts over the last couple of weeks, but I've been lurking.

I too have had weight problems all my life so 7yrs ago I had lapband. Sometimes I wonder if I have these immune issues because of the lapband and my body fighting off this foreign body and it's funny when I'm on dex that i must have inflammation everywhere as I can eat like normal like I don't have lapband. Lite n easy is a really good place to start and convenient.

I'm going to see my FS as I need to get the name of a Dr in Adelaide that willdo my Intrilids. I'm in 2 minds while I'm there if I should have another biopsy as it's been nearly a year since the last one and I'm hoping miraculously that my Unkc's may have disappeared ( I know, wishful thinking). The one thing putting me off is I read somewhere that any intrusion up there can flare up the inflammation of CD57, I'm sure someone posted this a while ago, I just can't be certain.

I finally got around to calling pharmacies today for Neupogen. The first chemist quoted me $1,700, I quickly hung up from that one. The second one said you realise it will cost a bit as you don't have a special Medicare no. I said yes that's why I'm ringing around for quotes. She asked me what my best quote is so far so she could try and beat it. Thinking on the spot I couldn't tell her I was just quoted $1,700 so I said $1,385 which is the cost online with Chemist Warehouse for pre-filled syringes. After waiting a couple of minutes she said she could do it for $1,250...I said I'd take it! She didn't even need me to pay for it up front, just wanted the prescription and a deposit, so I went down there straight away gave them them script and paid for it in full just in case they changed their mind! I thought I would be getting 1vial but apparently there are few, oh well better than syringes. Also got a box of syringes for $30.....most expensive lunch break I've ever been on.
    Last edited by Miss Sagi; 20-10-2014 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi.... well done on a great price for the Neupogen!! I thought I got a good deal of $1400 at the chemist in Macarthur Square, Campbelltown (NSW). Do share where your place is, for others in the future. I didn't think there was any Medicare rebate on the Neupogen??? Does anyone else know about this? Should I try to claim it?

Yes, there are 10 vials in the box, each one is 1ml. And yes, you have to get the vials (not the pre-filled syringes), as every person has a different dose - some 5, 6 or 7 doses from each vial (I'm splitting into 5). Are you still going to SA, as I'm pretty sure the CFC does Intrallipids there too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Bbhope, thanks! Embryo glue??!! What the? That's so funny... Never heard of it, crazy... Thanks for letting me know, will ask about it : ) definitely think you should keep doing the intralipids, what do they cost in Perth, is it the full 500ml bottle?
    Just remember I haven't replied. Finally, back to the land with proper internet. I don't know how much it costs in Perth. As i posted a while back, this Dr is new in doing intralipid. He hasn't put up a price tag. He just said that the more people are doing it, the cost will be less. So I spread the word. The last min flight to sydney is very costly -- on the ~$800 mark. It is also stressful for the whole organizing thing. Last time, I had to reschedule the intralipid because AF was late. It cost me for rebooking the flight as well. So doing the intralipid locally is certainly a better option.

I think it is only 200ml. Slow infusion rate. But it is obviously working for some ladies with low dose. I personally really think intralipid is a luck of a draw. It works for some only. Some need stronger stuff and some don't even need it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014)