Closed Thread
Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Precious.... how sad, I started reading your post with excitement, thinking you were going to say something else :-( All these other people who just get pregnant at the drop of a hat - so unfair. On a side note, so how does the HPT test work?

Yes, my IVIG is next Sat 25 Oct - who else is joining me for a riverting Saturday night fixed to a drip in hospital?

Went to my first acupuncture session this morning with new lady, who comes highly recommended, and apparently works with Genea on acupuncture. Interesting how quite different approach to other acupuncture lady - first one was all about whole body being healthy (nutrition, exercise etc), this one didn't even mention those things, but knew alot more about IVF and even knew about Dr M and immune protocol (mind you, a few things slightly out-dated, so I filled her in on a few things). First lady always insisted that I go home after sessions and rest and relax. This one said it was fine for me to go and teach a fire brigade course straight afterwards, so I did! Go figure???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie so exciting you're starting another cycle! What are your immune issues, I can't remember... you don't have any uterine NKs I recall, just interested to see what your Dr M protocol is treating.

Also is there any risk of being over suppressed using steroids & neupogen together, does anyone know?

For our next & final cycle I'll be doing:

Dex 1mg then 1.5 at transfer although I'm wondering whether to go back to 2mg... did this prior to using neupogen...
    IVIG 10 days prior to transfer
    Neupogen & 60 clexane 1 week prior
    400mg progesterone after transfer then 800mg on BFP
    Think I'll do doxy again too
    ENDO scratch in previous cycle
    Embryo glue I hope (thanks so much everyone for telling me about this!!!!)

Lovely Nidhulaine you took 2mg Dex & neupogen together, do you know anything about possibilities of too much suppression? Will try & ask Dr M... Gosh I wish there were clearer guideline for all this... Maybe I should just stop googling!!!!
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 19-10-2014 at 06:08.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I am new to this forum.
    I notice this is the 5th thread regarding nk cell. I will read all of them but hope someone can reply my questions(will explain my history later):
    I did laproscopy early this year but Dr M asked me to do it again. Is this normal? I heard laproscoy had damage and I am trying to avoid it as much as possible.
    What is the difference of the hysteroscoy and Biopsy performed by Dr M's and other doctors? Dr M charges $750 but ivf doctors changes much less.

Maybe this has already been discussed but grateful if someone can reply while I am reading the threads. thx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Precious.... my immune issues are:
    - high ANA (80 titre)
    - high NKC (uterine) 56+ (mine is 8.7%, considerably above 75th percentile) and 163+ (mine is 280/mm2, so a bit above the 75th percentile)
    - elevated DQ Alpha 1 and DQ Beta 1
    - CD 19(B cell) 0.51
    - HLA - DR (Class II) 0.53
    - CD 8 (T Sup) 0.20, which then make the CD 4 / CD 8 ratio wrong at 6.8.
    That's enough, isn't it?

Interestingly, Dr M has only put me on 0.5mg of Dex (though 1mg from week before FET), whereas you're on 1mg and then 1.5mg from transfer, and yes, I'd read others took 2mg. I wonder how he makes the different judgements?

Waitforyou... sorry I can't advice, I've never had a lap or hysteroscoy, never even had them suggested to me. Is this something else I should be researching??? Lol!!
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 19-10-2014 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome waitforyou... I never did this with Dr M but I would say the fee is for a full procedure (similar to a d&c) if you need it when he looks at you - for my d&cs for miscarriages I paid around $1000 with my OB so the $800 fee is in a similar range - my thoughts that's all! I'd do it, well worth it to avoid wondering what if further down the track. Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Precious.... my immune issues are high ANA (80 titre), high NKC (uterine) 56+ and 163+, elevated DQ Alpha 1 and DQ Beta 1, CD 19(B cell) 0.51, HLA - DR (Class II) 0.53, CD 8 (T Sup) 0.20, which then make the CD 4 / CD 8 ratio wrong at 6.8. That's enough, isn't it?

Interestingly, Dr M has only put me on 0.5mg of Dex (though 1mg from week before FET), whereas you're on 1mg and then 1.5mg from transfer, and yes, I'd read others took 2mg. I wonder how he makes the different judgements?

Waitforyou... sorry I can't advice, I've never had a lap or hysteroscoy, never even had them suggested to me. Is this something else I should be researching??? Lol!!
    Wow, that sounds like a lot o imm issues, I am so sorry. I am going to have my BT done tmr. Hopefully I do not have too many issues.

Dr M just asked me to do all test--not sure why.
    I tried to put my history but won't allow me to paste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, Precious. Do you mean D& C is similar as hy-co-sy or laparoscopy? I did laparoscopy not long ago so don't want to do it again. If cost or hy-co-sy and bio is reasonable (for $790 out of pocket) that's ok. I mean I will do it no mater how much it cost but want to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Welcome waitforyou... I never did this with Dr M but I would say the fee is for a full procedure (similar to a d&c) if you need it when he looks at you - for my d&cs for miscarriages I paid around $1000 with my OB so the $800 fee is in a similar range - my thoughts that's all! I'd do it, well worth it to avoid wondering what if further down the track. Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGCBertie we have similar issues - Can I ask what level ur cd56 are at?

Waitforyou I paid $550 for the hysteroscopy/biopsy with dr m then I think $650 for the day surgery as my private health didn't cover it-or could've been the other way around I can't remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitforyou View Post
    Thank you, Precious. Do you mean D& C is similar as hy-co-sy or laparoscopy? I did laparoscopy not long ago so don't want to do it again. If cost or hy-co-sy and bio is reasonable (for $790 out of pocket) that's ok. I mean I will do it no mater how much it cost but want to know the difference.
    Similar to a lap I think but hy-co-sy is testing the patency of your tubes isn't it? Trying to squirt liquid up them - I had this done in 2009 & both my tubes were blocked. Others can shed more light on the Dr M procedure I'm sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hycosy is vaginally though just using a catheter-no cut necessary like a lap. don't think it can cause damage-just flushes with dye to check tubes.