Closed Thread
Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ok here goes... WHY oh WHY do we have to wait so long to be offered the scratch or steroids, biopsies, etc with IVF clinics? I just read up about the scratch and, although no guarantee of course, and some don't believe in it (Dr Sher) - some clinics o/s don't even do an IVF cycle without the scratch!!!

I know a few of you have had it (MCG Bertie & Legwarmer) ... it apparently improves IVF pregnancy rates by around 20% I've read... and what makes me so mad is that my FS only brought it up yesterday after me prompting and asking what we could do more, after him going on about my failures just being the statistics (great, proof that I'm a statistic, thanks so much for that), and then he suggested the scratch almost as an afterthought, like he suddenly just thought of it before he hung up on me - what am I, a write-off because I'm 43? Does he not realise this is not a freaking card game but life and death for me and my family???!!! I'm so angry with this whole IVF system now, I just think they take the **** out of us and drag us along cut glass for years when they hold so many answers that they never even tell us about when we are so vulnerable until we are completely beaten down and broken and lost too many embryos and babies.

I just feel so at the mercy of them and don't they just know it. I'm so deeply envious of people who never have to set foot in a clinic and just get pregnant having sex - aren't we all FS said they've been using scratch on a lot of girls recently with success - so WHY didn't he suggest it for my last 2 cycles? I'm so over it, we're just a bloody number, our pain earns them their huge salaries. I could suddenly never call them again and they wouldn't even notice or care I reckon. Rant over. Thank God they exist to help us but really, could they try and care as hard as we ourselves do please????
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 17-10-2014 at 14:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by operationbabyg View Post
    Thanks for your message PreciousHeart. No embryos. In the last 11 months we've done 4 full stims and one fet, a lap, and two hysteroscopy/biopsies/d&c
    My hcg was 2.6 10dpo-pretty much spot on with what it always is. So frustrating-don't really know what's left to try. Really starting to think I'll never be a mother. Nothing in the world I want more.
    I'm so very sorry operationbabyG, that's just heartbreaking.. have you looked into the dq alpha matching that Galea has been talking about and is in the middle of? Maybe you should look into that, are you with Dr M yet I can't remember? Oh I'm so very sorry for you and your partner, it truly truly sucks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart I had the scratch both last cycle and this one. Figured I may as well since my issues are with implantation and it may help 'rake the soil' for that (yeouch).

I'm also on Clexane 60mg, I thought this was to help with blood flow to the uterus. But like others have said, I can't quite remember.

Relieved to hear you are all also familiar with the weight gain, it's horrible isn't it. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I swear it's all going on my face and jawline (oh yes and my bum/thighs). I keep checking in the mirror to see if I have moonface from the steroids.

So, transfer #5 happened this morning, it's the start of the two week wait for me. First Dr M cycle, so here's hoping it makes a difference. Scared, nervous, knackered (got bad insomnia from the steriods), fat and hopeful! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PH, don't get too hung up on the scratch thing... There are other things we could be trying eg lipiodal flush, embryo glue, blah blah, maye they'll work in combination with the other 9 things we're trying, maybe not. 20% sounds pretty high but it made F all difference in my last cycle.

Big hugs xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We already use ds so will try change donors and see if that helps. Yep already with dr m. It's just so unfair. I would be happy to foster but they won't talk to me until we stop trying for a year and how can one stop trying for a year xx
    whaaaat? I didn't know you had to stop trying for a year to be considered for fostering... and with IVF of course you can't hide it.. oh man that's really hard, hope you get some lovely new spermies and it works first go!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should be able to at least start the application process but with barnardos who run the program in canberra, you can't.
    Thanks PreciousHeart for your support.
    Good luck to you too!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to operationbabyg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    LEGWARMER!!! yay so happy you're PUPO and it all went well! bah you make me laugh about the moonface, I was just checking my chops out this morning for it too! puffy as... with the clexane Dr M did say to me it was for blood flow in uterus, was just checking others had consistent info as it's high being 60.. glad to hear you're on it too! That's some great weightloss everyone wow! I wish I could move 7-10kgs off me... yes dex is EVIL!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Galea  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should be able to at least start the application process but with barnardos who run the program in canberra, you can't.
    Thanks PreciousHeart for your support.
    Good luck to you too!
    Big hugs for you.

This whole thing just sucks!!

Our dog groomer had a daughter naturally and then couldnt fall pregnant again had all the ivf bits and bobs.... after 6 years of not trying applied for adoption.... and was refused because they told her she wasnt done grieving for the children she would never have... im sorry but thats bull if i ever heard it.

I think i will never be a mother... but i cant give up just yet.

I am a mother to a grown up husband and little puppy .. for now that will have to do

You arent alone operationbabyg.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Galea.
    Seems silly when there are so many uncared for children out there.
    I'd be happy to be a mother in any way shape or form and will keep trying too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to operationbabyg For This Useful Post:

Galea  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another quick post from me...

Sorry operationbabyg for the bad news! Did you have blast transfer for all?
    @PreciousHeart: and they can offer embryo glue as well! I was offered scratch and glue on my last FET. I also did acupuncture, clexane, intralipid etc. BUT BFN. I honestly don't know what to think for my next cycle as I really hate clexane and hcg boosters. It stressed me out with those needles during the TWW, which can't be healthy. My first BFP, i didn't do anything of the above. So....don't know what to think. I don't think I want to do scratch again (normal people dont need that!) and probably give intralipid another go only because now i can do it in Perth. DrM likes the idea of embryo glue when I brought it up to him last time. So ask your FS if it isn't offered.