Closed Thread
Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babychino View Post
    Hi Nidulaine and @PreciousHeart...It's true that at Mel at Slades Phamarcy, they no longer carry Grifols and we are using Octagam. Howver, the price for Grifols is still quite cheap here and it's only $860/10gm. Whereas, Grifols is $660/10gm. I weigh 70kg and just paid $1980 for 3 bottles. Very expensive!!!!

Ladies!!
    I want to share this new treatment I'm doing with Dr. nick for immune therapy which is not yet commonly used in Australia yet but some of you may be aware or heard off. It's called " LIT x2 ( lymphocyte immunisation Theraphy ). Its when they take out white blood cells from my husband and inject it into me twice over a month before starting the cycle. The idea is it would reduce the NK cells killing power and blocking anti bodies. This treatment sounds very interesting and one of Dr. Beer's immune theraphy. Has any of you done it?

On top of that, I'm on 2mg of Dex, 1 x Clexane daily, 1 x 100 mg of Aspirin, Estradot patches, 2 x pessaries daily. Melatonin ( this is so awesome taking with Dex, it approves egg quality and makes me sleepy! ).

i hope I'm on the right part with this, I'm so tired
    Hi babychino,

Lit isnt new its been around for ages. Dr m does it. We were advised to have it as my husband and i have lots of hla matches. You basically have an allerigic reaction to your husband.

It is illegal in the US and a different methos is used in the uk. The us people go to mexico for it and the uk people go to greece. Australians go to sydney haha.
    Dh and i decided that we wouldnt go through with it in the end. Too much risk for little gain in our case.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Babychino  (17-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    Hi babychino,

Lit isnt new its been around for ages. Dr m does it. We were advised to have it as my husband and i have lots of hla matches. You basically have an allerigic reaction to your husband.

It is illegal in the US and a different methos is used in the uk. The us people go to mexico for it and the uk people go to greece. Australians go to sydney haha.
    Dh and i decided that we wouldnt go through with it in the end. Too much risk for little gain in our case.
    Oh Galea "Australians go to Sydney" cracked me up!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Galea  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I just got my results - HCG 2.7 on 15dpo... wondering now if it tried to implant although I never saw nuthin on the FRER tests from 10dpo to 14dpo... I think now that having that IVIG only 2 days prior wasn't the best idea but what could I do? I guess I could've cancelled they cycle but then you always think it might work and this could be the one...

Going to go into super time control mode for our very final ever transfer... Dr M suggested taking a break so I will likely go on the pill when I get AF and then try and time it all to have IVIG 10 days before transfer, start my neupogen on time and pray that the cycle works... if it doesn't I will just have to swallow the $2K cost and cancel the cycle if timing goes out again or I get a cyst etc... no pressure!!!!
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 17-10-2014 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry @PreciousHeart chemicals suck Don't beat yourself up about timings look at how infusions can stop threatened miscarriages they must work pretty quickly!!

Enjoy some time off and wishing all the best for your next cycle xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Scruffy... just spoke to FS he's suggesting a scratch on day 5 of my cycle... what do you girls think who've done it? Does Dr M recommend them if you have NK cells in uterus? I've read somewhere that it's not a good idea if you have them so I'm confused and not sure what to do! Any help appreciated...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @thirdtimeclucky, I hope you find some solutions and answers soon. It's a long tough road so just take things step by step. Like the others have said, progesterone seems like a very conservative approach-however it may work for you. I would move on to more aggressive investigations/treatment straight away if it doesn't work first time though. Dr Beer's book is a good suggestion and getting in touch with Gamal Matthias too. I think the one lesson we've all learnt is that you've got to be in charge of your direction and treatment. Best of luck-I do hope the progesterone works for you.
    @PreciousHeart, oh a chem-cr*p! So sorry. Last cycle my hcg was 3 and on 6dp5dt I swear I saw a line on a FRER. It was so incredibly faint tho-I literally was looking through a magnifying glass with a torch! (Yes I'm a nutter!!) But I'd never had anything I could even try and construe as a possible line. So you may have missed a line. Don't beat yourself up about timing-I really don't think a few days would have made any difference. You'll do your head in with what ifs. With regard to the scratch Dr M's comment to me was that it is beneficial for some. If you're throwing everything at the cycle id give it a shot.
    @bbhope, unfortunately the bill isn't for Intralipids-it definitely states 'first trimester management'. Not sure why I'm being charged and not others. Anyone got seeds for a money tree?! I'll share!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Oh @PreciousHeart so sorry to hear of your chemical.
    Early this year I got a faint line on FER that never got any darker. I still hoped like mad that it was enough, no it was 10. Enough for a line not enough to keep going .
    Sounds like you have a rough day enough as it is.
    Be extra kind to yourself, don't play the could of, would have should have game.
    Big big hugs xxx

Scruffy again hugs for the BFN.

I asked my FS yesterday if an Intralipid could have prevented my late MC he said no. I'm waiting for a pathology report which will determine more of the cause. I'll post when have the full information.

I saw Dr Beers book on my FS desk the other day too.

Hi Babychino It seems Dr Nick has got some stuff happening there for you. Good luck for your cycle.

AFM I've been told to loose the weight the evil DEX made me put on. Or maybe came from the vast amount of cheese I was eating while pregnant.
    Dr Nick at least did not fat shame me for getting too big. Was a size 12 Jan this year now a 16 no baby and no clothes to fit me. God help me trying to get into my work uniform next week.
    Also have now booked clinical Pilates classes to get some strength in my tummy.
    One day at a time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Babychino  (17-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    Hi babychino,

One of the ladies on the FB page had one daughter and then transferred 6 times with PGD embies many of them double transfers and just kept getting chemicals. Dr M tested her for HLA and she and DH had 4 matches. She did lit and now she is. 39 weeks.
    I know another lady who is currently doing lit after 3 failed PGD transfers (2 chemicals and 1 bfn) on IVIG, Dex and Neupogen. She and DH share 5 matches so basically lit does work for some even when IVIG and Neupogen don't. Very important if your not having success with the big drugs like Neupogen and IVIG to get tested for HLA matches

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Galea  (16-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    One of the ladies on the FB page had one daughter and then transferred 6 times with PGD embies many of them double transfers and just kept getting chemicals. Dr M tested her for HLA and she and DH had 4 matches. She did lit and now she is. 39 weeks.
    I know another lady who is currently doing lit after 3 failed PGD transfers (2 chemicals and 1 bfn) on IVIG, Dex and Neupogen. She and DH share 5 matches so basically lit does work for some even when IVIG and Neupogen don't. Very important if your not having success with the big drugs like Neupogen and IVIG to get tested for HLA matches
    Absolutely we have 6 matches...and we thought we would go another way.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your responses and advice I'm just wondering what do you mean by "matches"?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdtimeclucky For This Useful Post: