Closed Thread
Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So, my FS is refusing to let me transfer 2 embies. It's upsetting because surely this should be my choice? I know the risks, she's told me, but I am an adult and I am paying for this and it's my body and my embryos. V.frustrating.

Also wanted to say, I won't disappear from here, of course I will update during my 2ww and let you all know what's going on. Just trying to anticipate how I can lessen my freakouts and stress levels.

xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hah! my husband wants us to move to Melbourne, sounds like it would've been a great idea and then to go with Dr Nick and get all of this way cheaper!!! Crazy... why are we paying $2250 for 15g IVIG?

Well POAS BFN again today at 13dpo so I guess I'm out with this one... I just can't believe it, I used to get pregnant quite easily with IVF I though so I'm really quite stunned, sad and disheartened at DE not working, especially when my donor's other 3 recipients are all currently pregnant, one with her second to my donor...

Nidhulaine, MGC Bertie, Ladybug and anyone else who has done Neupogen... please could you tell me your weight and what dose Dr M prescribed you take per day... I am 67kgs and he said 0.2ml per day but I'm wondering now if I need to take more for our final cycle as that dose is less than 1mcg/kg...

Also Nidhulaine did you take 2mg dex from day 1 in the same cycle as neupogen and IVIG? he lowered mine to 1.5mg this cycle wondering whether to just do 2mg but is it ok to do with the neupogen?

I'm going to put a call in to Dr M through Gwyneth today and see if he wants to change my protocol but as far as I can see doing IVIG, neupogen and dex with 60 clexane and 400/800mg progesterone is all I can really do... there is nothing more is there??? not going near Humira but I don't think Dr M is keen on that or prescribes it really anyway?

Thanks ladies, don't know where I'd be without you all!
    precious my Neupogen dose was high starting at 100mcg or 1/3 of a vial but I ended up on a dose of 60mcg or 1/5 of a vial. I am also 6ft and 80kg per pregnancy. My Dex dose was always 2mg but I have very high. ANAs and hence need the high steroids.
    Another thing is with immune meds is they sort of build up. I did an (PGD embie) on the Neupogen and intralipids but no luck but very next cycle got pregnant on the same drugs and quantities doing an iui. So don't give up if the first attempt doesn't work.
    With regard to the price difference of the IVIG between Melbourne and Sydney I did some investigation and dr M only uses Grifols which is very expensive where a lot of Melbourne ladies seem to go with octagam. Now there is nothing wrong with either brand now but I did find that octagam has only re-entered the market in the last two years in the EU as they used to use a different purification process and there were cases of thrombosis. Octagam have now changed their purification process to bring it in line with Baxters and Grifols and I suspect that re-entering the market is linked to their more competitive pricing. I don't doubt that dr M is making a tidy profit but from ladies who have had the option of purchasing both from Slades in Melbourne I know the octagam is definitely cheaper.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014),Olive79  (11-09-2016),PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nidhulaine you are such a fountain of knowledge!!! love the explanation re Grifols and the other IVIGS, totally makes sense!!!

Thanks for the info re your neupogen, wow that sounds high... not sure whether to do another back to back or just to give myself a break off the steroids for a few weeks and go on the pill for 21 days to have some control so I don't mess up and ovulate on my own again and wreck the IVIG and neupogen start dates!!!

Haven't called Dr M yet, will wait til next week I think or Friday... Thank you so much for the information, it helps sort my head out...

Oh Legwarmer these FS, they are so conservative... I told you mine wouldn't let me do that either and I'm certain that transferring 2 is a good thing when you have immunes issues... really I'd love to know how many of Dr M's patients have had twins for goodness sake!!! How frustrating... totally understand about going underground for your sanity, I'm thinking of doing the same thing next month but I'm addicted to looking up stuff, can't think of anything else when I'm cycling, maybe it's time to try!!!

Really wishing everything to go super duper well for you on Friday and then for the whole 2WW, breathe, breathe, breathe!!! So excited for your first immune protocol cycle!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (14-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @PreciousHeart that's just awful. I'm so very sorry it hasn't worked for you. What a jolly roller coaster this is. Big huge hugs. Hope you're doing ok. Like Nidhulaine said the neupogen does seem to have an accumulative effect. I've read more than once ladies who have had success but not on their first try. Fingers and toes are crossed that you can go straight into another cycle and it's the one. I've been dividing the vial into 6 and that was based on 63kg.
    @Legwarmer, all the very very best for your upcoming ET. Do what you need to so to stay sane-although half impossible. What's your clinic's policy on double transfers? I was trying to work out what is actually legislated and what's individual clinic discretion. My clinic will do double transfers for over 40s or if you've had 3 failed transfers. So frustrating that your FS won't do a double for you-like you said, you're paying the $$ and you know the 'risks'. They drive me bonkers! I get quite bitter sometimes and really wonder if some of their mucking about is a ploy to get more $$ from more cycles. Anyway I very much hope that your embie is a fighter and snuggles in nice and quickly.
    @MGC Bertie, welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great trip.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (14-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine was that a back to back when you did the IUI re the drug build up or did you have a break inbetween? Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know right @PreciousHeart I am flat out here trying to get one implantation, what is the likelihood of getting pregnant with twins.

i also wanted to say how great it was to meet you on Sat and thanks so much for dropping by when I was having my intralipids, I really appreciated it. I'm glad I stayed the night as we didn't finish till 11:15pm in the end.

@ladybug14 I don't know Genea's policy on double transfers, but I am both over 40 now and have had more than 4 failed transfers. I have asked my FS twice now and each time she said she 'strongly recommends' I don't do it. I think it's also because at my biopsy she found I have a small uterine cavity, although she said she doesn't actually know what that means for a pregnancy, if I do get one.

I feel the same, that they can make more money by cycling me each time with one embie. I really feel like ringing her up and trying to explain what it is like to lay down thousands on a cycle and not be given the chance to put two back in.

I think I have to let it go as the nurses got quite strict with me when I was getting upset on the phone and i felt like they were saying my FS would refuse to do it.

Anyway, let's hope the immune meds and Dr M come to the party this month and cut me a break!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Nidhulaine was that a back to back when you did the IUI re the drug build up or did you have a break inbetween? Thanks!!!
    For me it was back to back and I am not saying it needs to be that close as even with the IVIG I have been doing through pregnancy and my Neupogen dose everything was decreased the longer I was doing it based on my bloods so therefore these drugs must build up. I started with 20g IVIG and for my last couple I did 15g but was told I could also consider Intralipds. With my back to back cycles I also turned 38 just as got a bfn from the FET and there's nothing like another birthday to make you an obsessive crazy woman over your fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is amazing the differences between fs. In canada we are given the option of transferring 3!!!!!!! I said no way.... too dangerous. But really it should be our choice as long as we have all the facts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So crazy it's your money and body. I've had 2 put back for the last 4 rounds. I definitely think with all the extra meds they should be trying everything? Then I get worried that putting two back makes us immuneys attack them more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to pick your collective brains about questions to ask FS and Dr M before next cycle (although looking like a long way off)

I still think my lining tends to be on the thin side, 6-7mm at day 10. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Also would doing a scratch biopsy the cycle before FET be worthwhile?

Will also ask about switching from pred to dex. At what point do you throw neupogen in too?

TIA xx