Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Im still reading along.

Im so sorry about the BFN Scruffy

@ ladybug Glad to hear your buba is growing along well.

A big hello to everyone sorry for lack of proper personals I've been abit of a mess. The grief has been overwhelming feel so cheated. I keep dreaming of her and babies, holding her and they are so real. I'm angry every morning I wake cause she is gone.

Im still waiting for my apt with OB to find out what happened to my little girl.
    Had a big chat to one of my great girl friends on the weekend. She said she would be honored to do surrogacy for me. ������
    So one step at a time me and DH mantra is from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    " I"ll make it to the moon if I have to craw"

Sorry for the downer post
    Last edited by francesthecat; 13-10-2014 at 21:09. Reason: Stupidity

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (14-10-2014),Galea  (13-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry francesthecat... I was actually thinking about you at lunch today & your Lily... I can't believe what you're going through it's just wrong... I hope you get your answers soon & find peace in your dreams... How wonderful of your friend, I hope that works out if you chose to take that journey, take good care of yourself xxx
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 13-10-2014 at 22:21.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing but love for you francesthecat. Im so sorry this has happened to you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (13-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat, my heart breaks for you. I just can't imagine the pain that you're going through and it's so so unfair that your beautiful girl was taken from you. Just keep taking small steps and get through each day. Try and find small things each day that make you smile. I do often think of you and hope that you're finding the strength and love to get through this sad time.
    What an amazing gift your girlfriend is offering. I do hope that if that's the path that you choose that it's an incredibly special one. Like we've all said, we'd do anything to get our little ones.
    I think you said the results are back on Wednesday. I'll be thinking of you. Stay strong. Hugs and strength to you. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you wonderful ladies

I forgot on add that I got a letter in the post from OB advising she had no chromosome issues. I just sort of can't help but feel things went bad when I had finally weaned off the meds.

Galea I had the same issues re missing out on the pregnat thing. A friend kindly put it to me, if you don't get the baby in your arms at the end. It's just not worth the heart arche and sorrow. Thank for your PM as well.

Preciosheart hoping for a mircale for BT FX

Miissalina my FS who only does the short dose of intralipid is ok 10-14 days before transfer. Good luck for your transfer.

Bertie I hope you have a fab trip to Fiji rest recharge.

lots of baby dust

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (14-10-2014),Galea  (14-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi babychino! long time no hear!!! How have you been? Dr M's IVIG treatment is $2250 for 15g... Higher for more, others can help you out with that... Sheesh Sydney prices eh??!
    Hi Preciousheart, I wish I could say I am well but I'm still paddling along! I've been away from this threat because I've been seeing another fs which has the same medical protocol as Dr. m. I'm starting intralipid and IVIG next week. My IVIG seems to be cheaper here in Melb $660/10 g. I have just read the thread this morning and sorry to hear about what you are going through but keep positive, that's all we can do to pass this!

Can someone tell me what neopogen is for and how is it different from IVIG?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Babychino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat ... Arghh I'm very so sorry to hear that. I know you have been through a lot and you were very close this time. It's hard when your dream gets taken away in a snap like this. The good side is your friend is willing to be a surrogate for you and Dr. nick told me once that he can get an approval right away for his patients and he is confident about surrogatcy. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... I echo everyone's sentiments from above. I have endured three years of crying and howling, but I just can't imagine what you're going through. My thoughts are with you, and yes, just take little step, one day at a time, and eventually it must get better.

Thanks, Fiji was absolutely wonderful - lots of sunshine, swimming, snorkelling, beautiful islands and lots of yummy foods to eat! The Fiji people are so friendly, though I didn't like how every one keeps giving you their sob story to try and get a tip. Yes, I felt sorry for them, and yes, they are living in absolute poverty, but it kind of grated on me that every person we met did this (driver from the airport, restaurant staff, tour guides, people in the villages etc). I may have been more generous, except for the fact that each one had an iPhone and each child sitting in the street was playing on an iPad - perhaps not quite as poor as they were making out.

Babychino... I so love your price of IVIG at $660 for 10g. I really do think that Dr M is overcharging us for it, but unfortunately he has the monopoly on it in Sydney. Other doctors in Sydney are doing Intrallipds, but not IVIG (as far as I know). But maybe eventually the price will come down and be a bit more realistic (though I know that this won't help Precious or I right here and now). All I know about Neupogen (apart from being really expensive!), is that one component of IVIG is the same as it. From what I understand it's supposed to increase the white blood cell count, thus calming the overactive immune system.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hah! my husband wants us to move to Melbourne, sounds like it would've been a great idea and then to go with Dr Nick and get all of this way cheaper!!! Crazy... why are we paying $2250 for 15g IVIG?

Well POAS BFN again today at 13dpo so I guess I'm out with this one... I just can't believe it, I used to get pregnant quite easily with IVF I though so I'm really quite stunned, sad and disheartened at DE not working, especially when my donor's other 3 recipients are all currently pregnant, one with her second to my donor...

Nidhulaine, MGC Bertie, Ladybug and anyone else who has done Neupogen... please could you tell me your weight and what dose Dr M prescribed you take per day... I am 67kgs and he said 0.2ml per day but I'm wondering now if I need to take more for our final cycle as that dose is less than 1mcg/kg...

Also Nidhulaine did you take 2mg dex from day 1 in the same cycle as neupogen and IVIG? he lowered mine to 1.5mg this cycle wondering whether to just do 2mg but is it ok to do with the neupogen?

I'm going to put a call in to Dr M through Gwyneth today and see if he wants to change my protocol but as far as I can see doing IVIG, neupogen and dex with 60 clexane and 400/800mg progesterone is all I can really do... there is nothing more is there??? not going near Humira but I don't think Dr M is keen on that or prescribes it really anyway?

Thanks ladies, don't know where I'd be without you all!
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 14-10-2014 at 09:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @PreciousHeart I am so, so sorry to read this. I was so hoping this cycle with everything you have been taking was going to work out for you. I don't know what the hell else you could possibly try? I am 70kg and my neupogen dose is the same as yours 0.2ml per day (or 5 injections per vial). Dr M said to me I only need the smallest amount of it, like a drop each time and was very strict about me getting my full bloods done for him to check every week. I'd be nervous about taking any more than that. Is it a case of throwing more/higher meds at your next cycle or just trying again, knowing you are doing all that you can? But obviously as it's your last embie you'll want to have everything covered. Let us know what Dr M says. Big hugs xx

@francesthecat I'm so sorry for what has happened and for how incredibly painful it is for you. Just awful and I'm so glad to hear your friend has offered to be your surrogate and I hope that helps you get through, somehow. It seems that is the next step for many immune girls on here. It's certainly something that's whirring around in my mind.

Afm, I am due to have my 5th DE transfer on Friday. I had my intralipid with Dr M last weekend (he is the cutest!) and met some great girls also doing theirs, including one who is pregnant naturally with her 2nd child, her first was conceived through Dr M via IVF after having 5 miscarriages. She told me when she came in for her first intralipid in that pregnancy she started to miscarry on the drive to Hurstville and by the time she got there was having contractions. Dr M advised the nurses to hook her up to intralipid immediately and they stopped. She said the next day the bleeding stopped completely and her baby was saved, and she continued to have intralipids throughout her pregnancy and she thinks that's the only reason she was able to carry to full term.

I am incredibly nervous about this transfer, mainly because I have had so many failures now, it's hard to think this could ever work. So I may not post too much over the next 2 weeks as I find it increases my anxiety when I'm in the 2ww to out of control levels and I need to do all I can to keep that **** in check! I asked Dr M about it and he said he sometimes gives phenergan to his patients when they are cycling so they can relax at night times. He said otherwise there are so many stress hormones running around your body. I might give this a try as the steroids are giving me minimal sleep anyway. I was up cleaning the house at 6:45am this morning?!

I have also asked my FS if she will transfer 2 embies this time. I know she is not keen though but I'm pushing it. With my track record I feel it's more likely one of them won't take than the possibility of me getting twins.

So that's my update. Started the progesterone pessaries yesterday and already I have bad guts. I think they are the drug that makes me feel the worst out of the lot. But I'll take it all for the chance to have a baby.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (14-10-2014)