Closed Thread
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I religiously had acupuncture every week for two years trying for my son... then second time round it's all too expensive and didn't help at all with all the immune issues and drugs you're on... I still can't let go of the before and after transfer treatments, I still fork out for those cause they calm the uterus before and after which is very important so I do think those sessions are valuable... but as for weekly, if you can't afford it I think dont worry about it. Personally I would rather have had a bloody hour massage every week, who ever does THAT?!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree about the massage! I think that would help blood flow and be more relaxing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart I have a DS from my second round with Dr M 25mg pred (30 after transfer), IVIG 8 days before transfer plus clexane, aspirin etc... I did the same regime last time when I got the chemical and doing the same again this time (but IVIG from 6weeks ago) hence why I don't feel too confident.
    Sending you loads of sticky vibes too - let's hope it's a good week for both of us next week.
    @operationbabyg I did acupuncture for my first 5 cycles, on my sixth I gave up and that was my BFP!! Pretty sure Dr M had something to do with that though

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-10-2014),operationbabyg  (10-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and sticky vibes for you too @operationbabyg - let's have a triple positive!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

operationbabyg  (10-10-2014),PreciousHeart  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much scruffy... Interesting you're on pred and not Dex, do you know why? Dr M told me that for my high CD57 uNKs pred was like water ie useless... I've started wondering but trust him more than any doc I know for all this. Wow didn't realise your first is an immune baby, well done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart not sure why I am in pred not dex. I do find Dr M's prescriptions a bit random! That being said it is a protocol from 2 years ago which gave us DS and I think he tends to prescribe the heavy stuff earlier these days - I had never heard of nepogen when this thread first started. If we have a BFN this time I will definitely be pushing for some heavier stuff ;-)

Well the TWW crazies officially hit today, had a mini meltdown convinced it hasn't worked. I will POAS tomorrow, BT Tuesday.

I hope my other TWW buddies are keeping sane??.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scruffy, I know what you mean about the randomness of Dr M's protocols... Oh well, what can we do?

TWW not sane at all, wake up every morning at 5am & can't get back to sleep worrying about it all, if this doesn't work we're down to our last embie... blood test Friday. Good luck to you for tomorrow Scruffy, well done on holding out so long!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Scruffy and @PreciousHeart

It seems like IVIG is often used now and my fs here in Melbourne will be using that on me this time. Could anyone tell me how much you are paying and if your private health covers any of it? At the moment, mine seems to be around $1,800, does that sounds about right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi babychino! long time no hear!!! How have you been? Dr M's IVIG treatment is $2250 for 15g... Higher for more, others can help you out with that... Sheesh Sydney prices eh??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I've read lots of posts by Agate on fertility friends co uk over the last year or more but I just discovered her FAQ page on immune issues... Google agate FAQ... It's extensive & fills in a lot of gaps!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-10-2014)