Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Interesting about the cost of neupogen? Why is it so expensive? Is it subsided by the PBS? Talking about robbery....i was paying gonal-f out of pocket because no medicare during my first round of IVF. Priv health fund rebated $41 out of $1144! This is some kind of joke. I dont' think I'll ever buy into their pharmacautical cover anymore. BTW, I also just realized the net medical expenses tax offset is phasing out. For those who only started IVF last year will lose out this year.
    @soclose and @francesthecat: thinking of you!
    Yeah i didnt get anything off my tax this year. It totally sux.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Galea, how come you didn't get anything back, that sucks, I don't understand, what's changed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi Galea, how come you didn't get anything back, that sucks, I don't understand, what's changed?
    You can only claim for mobility aids now. They have taken out medical claiming.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    You can only claim for mobility aids now. They have taken out medical claiming.
    Thanks Galea... Oh Lord how stuffed up is that?!!! this Govt, honestly, awful, they drive me crazy...

I found some info that is quite clear on the facts below for everyone who is concerned...

Medical Expenses Tax Offset (NMETO)
    The Net Medical Expenses Offset is being phased out over the period from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2018. Transitional arrangements allow claims for disability aids, attendant care or aged care expenses to be made until 30 June 2019.

otherwise

- A claim can be made in 2013-14 only if a claim was made in 2012-13
    - A (final) claim can be made in 2014-15 only if a claim was made in 2013-14

Indexation of the claim thresholds is adjusted after 31 March each year.

http://atotaxrates.info/tax-offset/medical-expenses-tax-offset/#highinc
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 26-09-2014 at 12:45.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Galea  (26-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's right preciousheart. For those who only started ivF last yr doesn't fall into any of the category. One needs to have claims in previous 2012-2013 to be eligible. And they are really cutting budget. Only 1 or 2 staff are working at the medicare office now and they don't even process claims on the spot anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... yes, I have no idea what makes Neupogen so expensive ($1400 for 10ml). Dr M told me last week that Neupogen is one of the components in the IVIG infusion, and that's expensive too ($2250 for 150ml). That's why he said to me that as I'm having Neupogen, then I could just have Intrallipids ($650), but I said, last shot, give me everything!!

Yes, I went to Medicare just the other day, and they gave me forms to put in the box. Apparently now you just scan your receipts from home and email them through the Medicare website. Will see how that goes!

My PHI only covers something like $150 pharmacy receipts a year, so it's a drop in the ocean compared to what I've spent.

Ladybug.... I hope I haven't messed up buying those needles, as I thought I had it right and bought mine today. I thought I'd come and check on here to make sure my box looks like the photo of your packet, and I realise that my syringes are only 0.5ml, whereas yours are 1ml. Everything else it the same, same brand, ultra-fine, short needle, insulin syringe, 31 guage. I'm hoping that since there is 1ml in each Neupogen vial, and these are 0.5ml syringes then I should be right, considering most women here have been instructed to split into 6-7 dosages, which I'm thinking would only be about 0.15ml per syringe. Hopefully my maths is correct!! I'll find out my exact dose in two weeks when I go back to Dr M.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 26-09-2014 at 14:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you download the medicare express app you just take a photo. Its pretty fabulous actually.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ya only if there is no complication like i mailed in this time and one item can't be claimed because it has been claimed?! I have to ring to find out why and the phone call waiting took ages. It turns out that a submission of an IVF cycle claim triggers a 30 days wait for some BTs. Meaning I can't claim any of the hormone monitoring that I did here in WA unless I know when my Syd clinic submit the claims. I just have to send them in before that! I learned something new everyday. So now not just out of pocket partially for the extra cycle monitoring cost that I did here, it is really out of pocket for the monitoring BTs and scans for interstate IVF. Bugger. You would think it is fairer to pass onto the cost to the clinic but no. They just take the entire cycle fee from medicare without providing those service. Well they said that they provide just me choose not to do the monitoring in Syd. I would love to here any interstate ivfers experience regarding this.

On the spot, they could just explain to me straight away.
    Last edited by bbhope; 26-09-2014 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the lovely messages. You are all truly inspiring strong ladies and I am grateful to have 'met' you all.

Confirmed bfn again for us. It's a strange feeling now its all over. This has been such a big part of our lives for so long it's hard to know where to go from here. Our long painful ttc journey is over. I always knew when we started all those years ago that it would be difficult for me to conceive but I honestly never thought it would end with us childless.

I sincerely hope each and every one of you have your dreams of being a mum come true. And never forget how strong you are to keep going. You are all warrior women and deserve it all xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @soclose this breaks my heart. But I have been on this road long enough too (almost 8 years myself) to know that there will be a point when enough is enough. It may be that I am where you are one day, you just never know. There is a special place in my soul for women like you, and me, and all those spending years ttc. It is a hard, hopeful, hopeless, painful, trying and bewildering thing to do that makes you question your very existence. Only those who struggled to conceive know how much it effects every single aspect of your life.

I once read that IVF will bring you to your knees – and I think that was the best description of it I ever read. For we are always either praying or begging. Or waiting. All the goddamn waiting.

I have spoken to quite a few older women who don't have children but who spent years, and thousands, trying to have them, and they do all come to acceptance, eventually. I hope there is some release or comfort in knowing you're not going to put yourself through it all again. Even if you can't feel that right now, but eventually. And that you can feel incredibly proud of yourself for getting through it.

XXX

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (27-09-2014),ladybug14  (26-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (26-09-2014),Miss Sagi  (28-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (26-09-2014),soclose  (26-09-2014)