Closed Thread
Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    $1400 is good MCGBertie! Well, good when you're talking about that kind of money. My partner almost spat out his tea when I told him how much the neupogen cost... I haven't exactly told him about IVIG costs or anything yet. Baby steps!

I just checked with him though about if we need both withdrawing needles AND injecting needles (he's a nurse) and he's pretty sure you can do both do the withdrawing and injecting with from just the one needle. Though others on the board who have used neupogen can hopefully shed more light.

PreciousHeart no I've never used lucrin before. Clexane is the only injectable I've used which comes in pre-measured needles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hehe that's very funny about the pharmacy and neupogen cost!! I do remember most places I called saying 'it's very expensive'. Yep well aware of that thank you!!!

I can post a pic of the pack of needles I get when I get home. Most pharmacies stock the diabetic needles and I buy them in packs of 10. You draw up and inject from same needle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my chemist did the same thing re the price, she was reluctant to tell me the cost!!! pharmacist said the needles are $1.5 each, or 50 for $35 I think - 8 weeks of injecting is around 50-70 shots depending on your dose so I'm gonna get 50. I'm going to get it all later tonight, will let you know!
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 24-09-2014 at 23:30.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank You Wonderful Ladies xxxxx for your help and support.

Ive had a bad case of the what ifs.

Today to I spoke to my old FS nurse who was a midwife. She thinks loss of my girl was due to a cord issue. As we had only two weeks earlier found out she had a two vessel cord instead of three. As she was now all there just had to grow and develope her lungs ect. This puts the most strain on it. Or she possibly had heart or kidney issues. These are complications of this condition.

I'm seeing my FS who is my OB on 15/10 so I'm going in armed with many questions and will be finding out about the immune meds. When to stop them during pregnancy.

I'm of course going to be reading along, cheering you all along. And chiming in to wish you all the best for transfers and TWW.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat I am so sorry for your loss, please don't blame yourself. Sending you lots of love xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been MIA again lately, my FET was cancelled on day 10 as a large cyst was found on my ovary. Heading away on vacation so will catch up next week

Thanks
    Reviews

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat, I hope speaking to the FS nurse and your ob helps and reassures you that it was nothing you could have done. Wishing you a beautiful service for your beautiful girl on Friday. We're always here whenever you need support. Take care.
    @Fiona2, sorry to hear FET was cancelled. Hope the cyst resolves itself. Enjoy some RnR on your holiday.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @francesthecat I am so sorry, I have she'd a few tears tonight for you, your DH and your precious girl xxx

@ kiwi76 congrats on the birth of baby Ryan

I can agree with the looks you get when buying expensive drugs. When I had to buy the last lot of saizen the young girl at the checkout thought it was a mistake when it scanned at $1900!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl.... lol, very funny. The sales lady today ended with, "And I guess you'll be wanting a receipt for that?!" Yep, sure do :-)

Ah, so those fine diabetic needles are already attached to the syringe - hence why drawing up and injecting is done with the same needle. So the vials are opened one at a time - the amount of syringes are all drawn up (as you can't have an opened vial), and then the prepared syringes are put carefully back in fridge to be used one each day. Thanks everyone. I think DH will be able to manage that :-)) He was getting bored with those Clexane injections.... oh hang on, I'll be doing those as well!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (23-09-2014)