Closed Thread
Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Francesthecat... the only other thing I can think of re protocol is continuation of intralipids/IVIG to end of second trimester - did you have infusions at all, I can't remember?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lily. I hope someone can find answers for you.

Dr M kept me on all immune meds until the end if the second trimester with DS and intralipids up to this point as well.

I cannot imagine your heartache... x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (23-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi!!! Huge congratulations on the arrival of Ryan. I am so glad he is out safe and sound. Enjoy those precious newborn snuggles. xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM - day 10 scan today and lining is the best it's ever been at 7.5mm :-)
    Transfer looks like being next Weds...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (23-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh Frances, I jumped on here to express my deepest sorrow to you as a friend had told me your news. I am devastated , it's just not fair and it makes no sense. We will never understand why baby's live or die , we can only breathe through that intense pain and take some little comfort in that your baby new nothing but complete love from you. Big hugs and love . Please pm me if you ever need to chat. All my love.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dearest Francesthecat,

I am devastated for you and just so sorry. I don't know you and have only been on this board a little while but just wanted to reach out and send you some kind of condolence because, well, I cannot think of anything harder that someone should have to endure. Please don't blame yourself in anyway, I don't think anybody on here could be trying any harder or doing anything more to try to bring a baby into their lives. Remember that most women aren't doing a 10th of what we are. You did an amazing job.

xxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - huge congratulations on the arrival of Ryan!

In other news my neupogen arrived today!! I was about to call the pharmacy to chase it and they called me to say it is in. It's now sitting in my fridge but they didn't order me any needles – gah. So I now need to get those as they don't stock needles (I know, what kind of a chemist is this...) - do I need to get a particular kind? From what I can work out I need the small diabetic syringes, that come in 300mcg measurements. Is that right?

This means I can stop the pill today and start cycling as soon as AF shows up. Just need to get Gwyneth to let me talk to Dr M to get my neupogen dose as she told me this morning I can't speak to him till Oct 16th, I can't wait till then so I'm gonna have to keep hassling her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Legwarmer, I use the 1ml/100 unit super fine diabetic syringes. The 1ml syringes come in 2 needle sizes-ask for super fine.....may as well save yourself a little pain! Good luck with getting to speak to Dr M.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (23-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Legwarmer!!! I'm so glad you've got your neupogen!!! yes what ladybug says re the needles... have you ever used Lucrin in IVF cycles? the vials and needles are the same as that. Also don't worry about the microgram thing, each vial is 300mcg in 1ml solution - so I believe you will divide 300 by the dose Dr M gives you (e.g. 50 or 60) and that will give you how many doses from one vial. Then you draw up 1ml divided by that dose, that's what I think anyhow. I have my appointment on 30 Sept. Just keep calling G and say that your FS wants to start asap, can she fit you in at the end of a day for a call etc. She managed to get me in on 30 Sept as opposed to 14 Oct last week, keep calling!

SoClose how are you feeling today??!!! thinking of you and sending you loads of baby dust

Scruffy, that's so great re your lining, awesome news! are you doing neupogen as well as IVIG, are you on dex or pred?
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 23-09-2014 at 15:43.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi.... congrats on the fabulous news of the safe arrival of baby Ryan. How absolutely wonderful, and it does give us all hope.

Precious and others who are discussing Nupogen... I ordered mine today from "Pharmasave" in Macarthur Square, Campbelltown for $1400. When I first asked for a quote, the lady went to her computer, tapped away for ages and I could see she was puzzle. After about 5 minutes, she looked up and said, "Do you have an idea how much this is going to be?" I laughed, nodded my head and said wryly, "Yes, $1500". She breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Actually $1400". Considering that's the best I'd found, I bought it there and then, to stop me thinking about it anymore. As I'm paying, the lady was still shaking her head in disbelief at the price and said that she's never seen anyone pay anything like that for medicines before. Again, I just laughed, and said that it's nothing compared to how much I've paid for things already. Then I thought, since I have a sympathetic listener, I'll add my bit about, "Yes, I always roll my eyes when my workmates complain they've had to pay $30 for a prescription, that they just don't know!" She laughed at that.

I also asked about all the needles and syringes that would be needed, and she actually called the chemist over for this discussion. I explained that if there's 10 vials in the box, and it's possible that Dr M will want 6-7 doses out of each vial (he told me it depends on bodyweight), then possibly that would by 70 syringes, 70 drawing up needles (e.g. 18 gauge) and 70 injecting needles (e.g. 27 gauge). The chemist was totally unsure and said she would investigate it overnight before I go to pick up the Nupogen tomorrow (yes, 24 hours delivery - their supplier had 3 in stock). Is that what everyone else is thinking? Or when you say "super fine diabetic needles" that these are something different than any types of the needles that we've used before for IVF injections?