Closed Thread
Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... I had asked Dr M to test for HLA after a couple of times of seeing him, as I'd read that if abnormal, then there was also the possibility that anon donor sperm would match, hence why we've done three different donor sperms over the time just in case that was the problem, but obviously for us, it's still something else. Dr M said it's not really worth getting the donors tested to see if they match me, just easier to change donors.

Galea.... I know the LIT sounds dreadful, but I did do a lot of reading about it when I first chanced upon it, and the amount of needles probably isn't anything worse than all the IVF needles we've all had during our cycles. As I mentioned previously, the lady in the bed next to me two times ago was doing LIT, and she just seemed to be taking it in her stride.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 20-09-2014 at 20:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Galea  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you've got this to deal with @Galea. So frustrating and draining for you. I hope you're able to find a solution that you're comfortable with.
    @soclose, are you still sane?!? Hope the 2ww is treating you well. Still sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way! Are you going to POAS?
    @Nidhulaine, how are you and bub traveling? Hope all is well. Can you remember when you stopped the neupogen? I didn't write it down-didn't expect to need that info!!

Hope you're all having a good weekend ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope... I had asked Dr M to test for HLA after a couple of times of seeing him, as I'd read that if abnormal, then there was also the possibility that anon donor sperm would match, hence why we've done three different donor sperms over the time just in case that was the problem, but obviously for us, it's still something else. Dr M said it's not really worth getting the donors tested to see if they match me, just easier to change donors.

Galea.... I know the LIT sounds dreadful, but I did do a lot of reading about it when I first chanced upon it, and the amount of needles probably isn't anything worse than all the IVF needles we've all had during our cycles. As I mentioned previously, the lady in the bed next to me two times ago was doing LIT, and she just seemed to be taking it in her stride.
    Its less about the pain and the needles (we have all had so many now it seems like a normal part of life). It is more about where our greatest chance of having a child lies and where we should best allocate our funds. We dont care where our baby comes from, just that it does.

Thanks @ladybug14

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi.... thanks for the info regarding keeping Nupogen cold and therefore not getting it from overseas. I will start ringing around on Monday to get quotes myself.

Precious.... how did you go with recent quotes for Nupogen? Any tips? Also, when I was at the appointment yesterday with Dr M, he was very specific with me about what he wants me to do, in regards to Nupogen:
    - first buy the box of Nupogen vials, and get all the syringes, drawing up needles and injecting needles
    - come and in have another appointment with him, and bring one of the vial with me to the appointment
    - he will explain exactly at that appointment the dosages to take, and how to fill the syringes myself
    - I will go home and explain the process of the filling the syringes to DH, who will do them as we go (i.e. only open one at a time)

Reading back on some of the thread here about Nupogen there seems to be two separate ways people are organising it:
    1) getting the chemist to put it into the syringes
    2) doing it youself.
    Dr M was specific that we're doing the second option, so I just presumed that that's what he's recommending to everyone at the moment, but it seems not? I wonder why?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 20-09-2014 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bertie! I haven't had my neupogen appointment with Dr M yet but after speaking to Slade Pharmacy Richmond in Melbourne who do this a lot for Dr Nick L at Monash IVF - it has to be drawn all at once from the vial as it is made with e-coli & very susceptible to contamination, they said once in syringes it only lasts 2 weeks, so they do 2 weeks worth syringed up at a time in a sterile room. I've found it for $1500 in Sydney close to me for a box with 24 hour ordering time. Will syringe it up myself as costs about $600 more for Slade to do that including $40 shipping every 2 weeks. I'd consider that if wasn't doing IVIG, just cannot afford it!!! Thanks for outlining what Dr M told you, good to know!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kiwi how are you going, we haven't heard from you for a little while, hope all is well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Precious....thanks for thinking of me. aargh about your result. So sorry. good on you for focusing on your next cycle - I agree, throw everything at it! What an amazing strong woman you are - like everyone is on this post.

Galea - sorry about the HLA news. I never got tested for it but after failed ivf4 was told by china hospital (not Genea) I wasn't producing blocking antibodies that protect my embies from getting attacked like cancer cells similar to the HLA issue and LIT required. I asked Dr M about it and he said he does it in Sydney and you need a few rounds of it. We got lucky on ivf5 with first Dr M protocol. A lot to process but if you decide to go ahead with LIT Dr M said it was safe and not invasive.

Ladybug - wowee your hcg and symptoms def sounds like twins! Well done!

Bbhope - safe travels and hoping you're getting some good r&r away from it all

Nidhulaine - did you have another intralipid?

Scruffy - how are you doing?

MGC - what a relief Dr M finally giving you the works. Sorry you had to go through so much to get to this point and fingers crossed it does the trick for you.

Soclose - you are handling this wait incredibly well and with such strength! When is your BT? Thinking of you and wishing you get the best news ever.

AFM - been monitored and scanned everyday bar one this week. Bub movements reduced (after going for jellybean gold post-steroids), got crazy itchy palms and fluid lower again as of Friday so been given weekend off, but off to hospital first thing Monday to wait for a C-section spot. I'm 37wks today and off clexane and aspirin so finally time to get bub out before it all bottoms out. I hope we get a spot on Monday as this in n out of hospital last few weeks driving my hubby spastic and I just want to see baby out n safe. I'm kind of terrified about things going wrong and unfort hubby has to leave soon after as the early scares brought him out of work in US to nz sooner than expected but also excited to meet this little miracle....

Lots of hugs n love to all you ladies who've made this miracle possible and kept me sane and safe xoxoxoxoxo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Galea  (21-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi my dear I dont want to freak you out but tell the hospital immediately about the itchy palms, look up cholestasis. I just happened to read an article probably on bubhub last month on this & the itchy reference reminded me of it - it can be extremely dangerous for you & bub - please tell them today, gosh I just want your baby out!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread moves pretty fast. Hope everyone is doing OK at your various stages. Geez it all gets so complicated at this stage. I honestly have so much admiration for everyone on this thread being so determined and not giving up when sometimes it feels like it'd be easier to.

I have been absent for a while as still waiting on my neupogen to show up, I can't do anything until then. Gwyneth wouldn't let me have a chat with Dr M about neuopgen dosage until it's literally sitting in front of me, hopefully not too much longer, then I can start my 5th donor egg cycle. Meantime, trying not to think to much about it as I get bad anxiety if I do!

Precious Heart that's good you found somewhere with a 24 hour turnaround in Sydney, not sure why mine is taking 3 weeks. I am nervous about extracting it into syringes myself, but it can't be that hard. Can it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Legwarmer! Nice to hear from you here! I think the syringing up should be ok with the right syringe... It's in 1ml solution so Dr M should tell us how many doses per vial and the .ml calculation, I guess you need steady hands not to draw too much up though! Yeah wonder why yours is 3 weeks? Then again I don't have 24 hour proof yet, will order it tomorrow!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (21-09-2014)