Closed Thread
Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Galea.... there was a lady next to me two infusions ago, that was doing LIT with her DH and she was 19 weeks pregnant. It was something that I looked into, but when we didn't have any sperm from DH it wasn't something we needed to worry about. Interestingly, Dr M did mention my abnormal HLA levels again this evening, as he said even with donor eggs, if they don't work, it can be due to HLA matching, and it's best just to change donor.
    From all the reading i have done it depends if it is a partial match or a complete match and whether you have high NK cells as well.

The dummies version ( for me) is that hla needs to be identical for bone marrow and organ transplants but for embryos because it is a foreign body the outer layer of the embryo needs to be the opposite to attach. Your body gets used to the different cells. The nk cells attack the embryo is the cells are the same because it isnt meant to be there.....

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    What is HLA level? Did they detect it after a failed cycle?
    It was the next lot of testing. The alpha bloods they send to America.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post

Oh Galea, wow that's pretty heavy information to be given, what a crazy world... Wonderful that you have an answer but completely sucks to be allergic to your own husband... Big hugs, but maybe the LIT will work?
    It sucks big time. From what i have read about LIT im not sure thats the road we want to go down. Its very painful and expensive. Essentially they take my husbands blood, extract lymphocytes and inject them back into my arms and i have a severe allergic reaction and eventually get used to him...

For the huge outlay of cost, added pain (on top of everything else) and a pretty negative degree of chances...

Ok i just have a brief read about HLA. I am so sorry, Galea. What is the chances?! Who knows. Iight have the same problem but never get that far. Doing LIT is a lot to digest.......
    I know!! On the bright side of i ever need an organ or bone marrow i can borrow my husbands.....

LIT is widely used in the UK but illegal in the US. Now if we were to ask for a second opinion where the heck would we ask.

I went to my gp for my hip pain today and he suggested i go to the medical library here and go through journals so DH and i might make a date of it.

Most of the papers written that i have found suggest giving LIT a go if you have a partial match. If there is a complete match most say donor sperm or gestational surrogate. I have a translocation so if we had donor sperm we would still need to do icsi with cgh testing plus the donor would need to be screened for an alpha match. If we went down the surrogate route we still have to have icsi because dh has a low sperm count.....

Honestly i give up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Galea, wow that is unbelievable... So sorry to read all those gory details re LIT... I agree it sounds way too extreme, difficult & with no guarantees - illegal in USA? Surprising I must say! I know it's a huge huge thing but perhaps start considering the opportunity of egg donation with your husband's sperm... Obviously you already would be... Perhaps register on egg donation Australia (free & private forum) and see how you feel after reading some threads of donors & recipients on there. EDA is an amazing place full of incredible women looking to donate either known or anonymously all around australia. Your story will certainly have many donors interested & it's a hugely supportive community. We found our donor through EDA in just a few months. I encourage you to just register so you can join the forum & have a read & put feelers out to open up your options, you don't have to make the decision yet or ever if you chose not to... I'm so sorry for your pain, perhaps now take the quickest option to have your baby, even if it means donor... I promise you EDA will give you hope & strength! PM me if you have any questions about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Galea - wow what a lot to take in. How unbelievable it must be a million to one chance that you and DH are incompatible!! Sending you lots of strength for all your decisions ahead xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Galea: ivig already scares me. LIT...cant imagine. I have allergy (sensitive skin with hives) all my life. Any little thing gives me skin bump.

Yes i read that it is now banned in the US. Ppl go down to Mexico for it.

Previous heart has a good point. By the way, with donor sperms, why would the donor need screening? The chance of another matching is slim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Oh Galea, wow that is unbelievable... So sorry to read all those gory details re LIT... I agree it sounds way too extreme, difficult & with no guarantees - illegal in USA? Surprising I must say! I know it's a huge huge thing but perhaps start considering the opportunity of egg donation with your husband's sperm... Obviously you already would be... Perhaps register on egg donation Australia (free & private forum) and see how you feel after reading some threads of donors & recipients on there. EDA is an amazing place full of incredible women looking to donate either known or anonymously all around australia. Your story will certainly have many donors interested & it's a hugely supportive community. We found our donor through EDA in just a few months. I encourage you to just register so you can join the forum & have a read & put feelers out to open up your options, you don't have to make the decision yet or ever if you chose not to... I'm so sorry for your pain, perhaps now take the quickest option to have your baby, even if it means donor... I promise you EDA will give you hope & strength! PM me if you have any questions about it!
    Actually egg donation doesnt make any difference because it will be my uterus it sits in there is a really good article. I will try to find it and then slink away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Galea - wow what a lot to take in. How unbelievable it must be a million to one chance that you and DH are incompatible!! Sending you lots of strength for all your decisions ahead xx
    Thanks Scruffy

Galea: ivig already scares me. LIT...cant imagine. I have allergy (sensitive skin with hives) all my life. Any little thing gives me skin bump.

Yes i read that it is now banned in the US. Ppl go down to Mexico for it.

Previous heart has a good point. By the way, with donor sperms, why would the donor need screening? The chance of another matching is slim.
    Yeah i have allergies too. I get hives if i eat kiwifruit haha. If i am alergic to something my tattoo on my wrist gets raised and i know i have to take phenurgen asap.

Possibly i dont know tbh. I need to do some more research first and then make a sly decision. If we decide surrogacy we are no longer covered by medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://haveababy.com/fertility-infor...dq-alpha-match

The article i was talking about.... gives you a bit of an idea.

Sorry for taking over the thread. End of the line news is pretty devastating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Galea, apologies for my ignorance re the donor, I read the article & quickly realised of course it's your whole body re the genetics, not just the egg, of course... I have never taken time to read about this issue before, wow it's crazy. I wish you lots of strength in making your next decisions & coming to terms with this news xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Galea  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Galea, so sorry that you are going through this, just take your time in deciding which way to go next, there's no rush.

PH, sorry for your BFN, sorry can't help you with an appointment as my next one is in December. Surely G can arrange the script for you without an appointment.

MGCBertie, so glad you finally got what you've been screaming out for. We all seem to be on pretty similar protocols at the moment.

SoClose, sending you good vibes and that this will be the one

Kiwi & Nidhu, thinking of you both and hope you're doing OK.

AFM, well my grand plan of buying Neupogen from fertility2u (UK) at a cost of approx $600 AUD went out the window this week. It has to be refrigerated and their cold packing only lasts 72hrs, whereas it takes 10 days to deliver to Australia. So I'll start ringing around for quotes in Aus after 1st October. I'm doing it then as I was googling a couple of weeks ago and I thought I read on a govt site that the price was coming down after this date, although I was very confused and couldn't really understand what it was saying, but I'm in no rush for it so it won't hurt to wait just in case what I read was right.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Galea  (20-09-2014),kiwi76  (20-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Galea so sorry to hear about the HLA issue. There is a girl I know who is currently doing LIT as her and DH have 5 matches and I do know of a girl who is 36 weeks pregnant with 4 matches but as you mentioned they are prob both partial matches with NK cells.
    there is also a lady who had 6 matches and ended up going down the DE path and has recently given birth to her baby boy. All these ladies had immune issues and high NK cells.
    Pardon my ignorance but how many matches is a complete set?
    what a difficult road for you. Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Galea so sorry to hear about the HLA issue. There is a girl I know who is currently doing LIT as her and DH have 5 matches and I do know of a girl who is 36 weeks pregnant with 4 matches but as you mentioned they are prob both partial matches with NK cells.
    there is also a lady who had 6 matches and ended up going down the DE path and has recently given birth to her baby boy. All these ladies had immune issues and high NK cells.
    Pardon my ignorance but how many matches is a complete set?
    what a difficult road for you. Thinking of you
    Thats interesting to know. How many tries did they have when they found out?

A complete match is 10 out of 10. So 2 A, 2B, 2C, 2D and 2 DQ. They all have stupid names but thats what they start with.

Thanks everyone for your lovely words and suggestions. X