Closed Thread
Page 41 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Oooh @soclose my BT for DS was on my hubby's birthday, I'm sure it's a good omen for you :-)

I booked a fabulous dinner and hoped I wouldn't be able to drink but warned my hubby if it was a BFN we were catching a taxi ;-) When we got the official call i let my parents know we would pop in for a drink 'for DH birthday' and told them the news. Ahh sorry for my reminiscing it still brings tears to my eyes and @soclose I hope, hope, hope this is the one for you x
    Love love this story . I hope I can do the same!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (19-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (19-09-2014),Scruffy  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    @MGC Bertie, I did the same and asked for 20g instead of 15g as the Dr doing the ivig for me said it needed to be 25g based on my weight (63kg). Dr M said I could but like you he didn't think it would make a difference.

I've been confused about the ivig dosing but from the studies I've found some use .2mg per kg and others .4mg per kg-the lower dosing had just as much success.

Having said that, Dr M did say to do 25g before transfer this cycle. I really don't think it was the extra 5g that made the difference and got the bfp, I think it was the combo of ivig, Dex and neupogen.

How many immune cycles have you done with Dr M? Surely given the outcomes of his protocols for you so far you've got a very good argument to try something new that he's said no to in the past. So I guess in answer to your question, I'd not focus so much on upping the ivig but try and get him onto something completely different for you. Dr Braverman uses intralipids and neupogen quite a lot.....hopefully @soclose will be our pinup success girl for that protocol in the next week!!! How are you going @soclose? Hope that little embie is snuggling nicely in.
    I hope Bertie had a good app with Dr M today.

I'm doing good thanks ladybug. Chilling as much as I can. Been very lazy since transfer. Feel mixed emotions. Scared being one of them. This being our last cycle is always in the back of my head. And I hate that it's all out of my hands. I've always had a backup plan but the end is here either way. No back up plan this tome. What will be will be!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (19-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladybug... well, you wouldn't believe it, but finally Dr M's agreed to let me use Dex and Nupogen, both of which I've been asking for more than 6 months to be allowed to use. Maybe it's because it's my last donor embie. Maybe it's because I've used Intrallipids twice and IVIG twice, both without success. Who knows? He just said "what else can we change?" and then decided on those. I wanted to shake him, considering I've wanted those all along, but was secretly pleased at least I get to try them :-)) Yah!!!

So my protocol will be:
    - Dex 3 weeks before FET
    - Nupogen 7-10 days before FET
    - 60 Clexane 10 days before FET (just don't do it on the day of FET)
    - IVIG 10 day before FET (he did say that I could just use Intrallipids this time - I asked why, and he said because it's expensive, so I said, this is our last shot here, so just give me the IVIG!!)
    - continue all vitamins and minerals etc
    - no aspirin, because he doesn't think it does anything except cause big bruises for the Clexane
    - no endo scratch - primarily because we'll be away for a week's holiday on day 21, but Dr M also said it's not vital, and since I've had it done 4-5 times before without success, it won't matter
    - pessaries - 400g from FET, and then double from BFP (which made me think on way home, I might just do 2 x 400 from the FET???

I think that's it. Now got to start shopping around :-))
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 19-09-2014 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey MGC Bertie! I always ask what all my levels are so I can keep a record but I've never had zero.zero! funny.. sort of. Wow I just found out from a friend that PGD with genea is only $3500... my FS never suggested we do it to save us time, money, heartache and now with 2 left, what's the point? Are they just trying to make more money out of us??? they are certainly succeeding with us that's for sure. I thought it cost like $10K... Wish we'd done it now cause we're facing around $13K more if we end up doing 2 more cycles.

I really feel for you SoClose, being your last cycle... try not to think about it too much How are you going with the neupogen??? Thinking of you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (19-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!!! That's brilliant Bertie! You just be so relieved to have a good plan and have had to fight nail and teeth for it. I really really hope the new protocol is the magic ticket for you. Happy drug hunting!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our follow up with Dr M yesterday and its bad news. Husband and I are a complete HLA match.... i am allergic to him. We have alloimmune reproductive disorder no babies for us.

Dr M wants us to try LIT therapy.... but im not so sure thats a good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Galea.... there was a lady next to me two infusions ago, that was doing LIT with her DH and she was 19 weeks pregnant. It was something that I looked into, but when we didn't have any sperm from DH it wasn't something we needed to worry about. Interestingly, Dr M did mention my abnormal HLA levels again this evening, as he said even with donor eggs, if they don't work, it can be due to HLA matching, and it's best just to change donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What is HLA level? Did they detect it after a failed cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie great news about your meeting with Dr M! It's good for you to just have your holiday first and then go again I think, much better!

Oh Galea, wow that's pretty heavy information to be given, what a crazy world... Wonderful that you have an answer but completely sucks to be allergic to your own husband... Big hugs, but maybe the LIT will work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok i just have a brief read about HLA. I am so sorry, Galea. What is the chances?! Who knows. Iight have the same problem but never get that far. Doing LIT is a lot to digest.......