Closed Thread
Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry missed yours Scruffy big big wave. I'm 20 weeks now...with great relief..fly to syd next weekend for hopefully last intralipid. TTx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-09-2014),SimpsonDesert  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miissalina I'm with HCF too on top cover for OB & IVF which I guess you are too? I never pay for Hurstville, HCF covers it all, unless you choose to stay overnight then it's your once off annual excess fee - don't get forced into staying overnight though as that's BS, I think they stopped saying that since I objected strongly to it late last year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @missalina I was only on low hospital cover till June and hcf covered my hospital admission. They always said they didn't, Hurstville wd charge me $300 odd and then I wd receive a cheque in the mail a month or so later!

I never stayed the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another quick post. Heheh....i guess it doesn't matter if CP doesnt do intralipids for fertility. At least he does and it is good that scruffy mentioned that to dr T despite wasn't exactly the right info. The word will get out and FS would hear it.

Oh PHI. I dont have HCF but strangely my phi covers my hospital overnight stay for intralipids despite is experimental stuff. I didnt even think about this. On one hand, i am fighting for hospital charges of my ivf treatment, which is legitimate stuff!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Thanks Precious. Good luck Scruffy!!!

nidhulaine - the slowing of growth seems to be common for us then. Up till 25wks my bub measuring ahead and then suddenly tanked to 3rd percentile since. Even if I carry bub to full term he'll be just over 2kgs(5lbs). Have they tested your thyroid?

i had my scan yesterday and whilst bub still stable, my blood pressure shot sky high for first time ever and I had to go straight to hospital again. I've been having heart palpitations in the last week after eating with extreme fatigue and nausea for hours after, do they've tested my blood for thyroid issue. They also hooked me up to heart monitor and asked if I was having chest pains as it was showing I was having a heart attack - even though I wasn't. My Dr Google seems to suggest it could be hyperthyroidism. Which could also explain why bub has IUGR. Waiting for test results and to be issued with a heart monitor to wear at home....gees!

so I would just push them for a thyroid test and every other test just to make sure you and bub are ok as you could need meds.

It just really sucks that all these experts don't test till pushed and we are diagnosing ourselves etc. if we can put together a list of Ivf Drs etc now who are open to us auto-immune ladies then that will help us all avoid the others.
    feel so sorry for you Kiwi, such a stressful pregnancy. My bub is still technically average (even though it has dropped from the 77 percentile in 4 weeks!!) so until I have my next scan in a week I don't think apart from the IVIG there is anything more I can do. Will definitely be taking your advice and pushing for every test after that scan. Hoping you have your bub safely in your arms very soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi Fiona2 I'm sorry for your chemical... my protocol with the chemical was the first with Dr M and a viable embryo - first donor egg embryo and the best of 4. Protocol was for high CD57+ NK cells in my uterus and mild blood imbalance, otherwise I am ok, no high ANA etc thankfully. But the CD57 are bad news according to Dr Beer... So Dr M had me on dex 1.5mg from day 1 then 2mg from BFP; 40 clexane from day after transfer; intralipids I had I think 7 days prior; progesterone was 800mg after transfer - he boosted it to 1200mg when the HCG wasn't doubling but it didnt help. Who knows... could have been my fibroids, could have been something wrong with embie, or the NKs... So this time round Dr M started me on 60 clexane a week before transfer (stopping day before and of transfer); progesterone 1200mg after transfer; intralipids I had around 8 days before; also doxycyclin of 14 days started 5 days before transfer. I think that's it! I have to write a table list of everything including the estrogen from my clinic that I take each day cause otherwise it's like groundhog day and unless I tick it off as soon as I take each one, I think "oh no, did I take the estrogen just then or am I remembering last night?!"

Dr M offered me neupogen this cycle if I wanted and is still talking about potential IVIG depending on HCG results and doubling if I'm lucky enough to get a BFP next week.

What are your issues - you mustn't have uterus stuff going on if you're on pred rather than dex? We're all so different it's quite reassuring that Dr M has us all on individual protocols really.

Are you getting a stronger protocol from Dr M soon?
    @PreciousHeart Our protocols are/were quite similar, just the doses vary. I am now on clexane prior to transfer after seeing Dr M yesterday. My pred dose is also up to 25mg pre transfer. That is all that changed. We also talked about IVIg upon BFP... although that seems miles away! I have a calendar on the fridge for am, arvo and night that I highlight because I'd go mad otherwise. Plus I have spaced my vitamins out over the 3 time frames too. I asked about neupogen but was not offered it. I guess it is because I have only had the one chem. I would definitely get on it if you have been offered it!! My issues are very high CD56 in the uterus (560 per high power field... I am still trying to find someone with a higher result than this!!) and luckily no ANA issues or CD57 issues. I do also have an imbalance in the blood.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby glad to hear all is going to plan 😊 was this ur first cycle on the bondi protocol? @Galea I get so cranky and DP sometimes on top of everything I have to remember to take I have to remember to make sure he takes his one little menevit must be a man thing haha @Legwarmer ok ur planner is way more organised than mine although looks like u have a lot more to remember than I do but I do like ur layout I mite do it that way next cycle Seems more organised @ladybug14 sorry can't help there not actually sure what causes low progesterone lucky ur on top of it though @kiwi76 I've decided to get u/s done using my local gp it's just very abnormal for me better to have peace of mind although I need to wait because atm I'm still in the global period erghh @terrifictezza(TT) it's so good hearing success stories makes those little voices abit less over powering in my mind thinking it may never happen can I ask what immune issues you had and what treatment you used @PreciousHeart thank you!!! I'm officially a HCF member never thought I'd join phi but look at me now hopefully I won't need it in 12 months but it's good to no I have the option if I need it @Chiefsgirl that's great news I did look at the lower levels of cover but figured better be safe and just get top cover how is ur embryo banking going?? Ur with genea now aren't you?? @bbhope I think I read every page of fine print and called them a hundred times to clarify I'm sure there's some hidden thing somewhere but at least I have it now

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus BFN

4th IVF JUNE 2014 antagonost protocol, BFP, CHEMICAL PREG

5th IVF AUGUST 2014, changed protocol to long protocol BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy I am so sorry! IVIg/ intralipids is 2-4wks so will need another before next FET cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    HCG 9 so another chemical. Luckily low enough that I don't need more bloods and can go straight onto next FET.

Kiwi sorry I missed your earlier post - how scary. After all our fertility trouble we should be blessed with smooth pregnancies, but as we all acutely know LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!

Missaliana - sorry I can't help you with the stabbing pains. Are you on immune meds for this cycle? And a high progesterone dose?

Quick question how long does IVIG stay in your system for? Should I have another one for this cycle or can I get away with nothing or intralipids? These embies are likely to be abnormal anyway so want to save $$$ where possible
    Last edited by Fiona2; 12-09-2014 at 21:17.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina Glad you got PHI. I sent you a PM about the item number (well, lack of). I have an appointment with Genea in October, because if I have to stim again I *might* move!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Fiona2 dr m never actually said anything to me about using progesterone not sure why I didn't even think about it actually my progesterone is normally high on a medicated cycle was 640 at ET this cycle

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus BFN

4th IVF JUNE 2014 antagonost protocol, BFP, CHEMICAL PREG

5th IVF AUGUST 2014, changed protocol to long protocol BFN