Closed Thread
Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all goes well for the next couple of weeks Kiwi and you're holding your precious baby before you know it! When we finally took Jasper home nearly 3 years ago now, I couldn't stop crying at how beautiful he was & how lucky I felt for it to have finally happened for us. Wishing both you and Nidhulaine smooth sailing til your births and beyond! Xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Scruffy;7926330]Galea I'm with Dr T too. He was happy to go with the same protocol that got us DS and was much more open about it than I expected (I didn't tell him about Dr M last cycle) He changed his tune a bit when I mentioned Craig Pennell is doing intralipids in Perth.

Sending you lots of strength I hope you get your miracle soon x[/QUOTE ]

Possibly because a friend of mine had 4 failed cycles and then is about to have her first in a few weeks and he is the obstetrician. Maybe he is getting the hint that probably half his patients are in sucessful until they try dr m. I just wish i was one of them

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart Finally IVF clinics are getting their act together Wish they'd speed it along though. I also had my biopsy without telling my FS.. we have the right to explore all of our issues if they are not willing/able to.

What was your protocol with you chemical in June? My protocol (which was a chemical too) was 20mg pred, 40mg clex after transfer, intralipids 6 days before FET, 600mg prog pessaries post transfer.
    @miissalina sending you huge hugs
    @kiwi76 & @Scruffy Wishing you all the best

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Hi Nidhulaine, have you got some more guidance from Dr M? How many weeks are you? I am 35.5wks and off to Dr for another scan today after the hospital scare last week. I'm on cgt monitoring 2 times a week and scan once. I feel like bub has grown from the steroids last week and still super active so picking they will keep him in for another 2wks as planned till C- section on 24th. What have you been told to do with your meds? Clexane? I did another IVIg after raised activity at 28weeks so imagine you might be doing another intralipid just to get you further along. I've been told by my OB to stop clexane and baby aspirin at 36wks but Dr M said just stop 3/4 days prior to surgery so I'll just go with his advice.

Been so stressful and I now just want bub out n safe. Just finished setting up bub's stuff and repacked by hospital bag after I had to throw one together last week and head to hospital. My advice would be to get it all ready now just in case - as I thought I had time! X
    hi Kiwi so happy your at 36 weeks and almost there. I have been pretty stressed and worried. Had a growth scan on Monday and bub has gone from 77 percentile to 45 percentile. Even though OB is fine with it to me it seemed like too much of a change especially as dr M had already recommended another IVIG so I am back in Hurstville this weekend for my 7th IVIG. I never thought I woukd still be doing infusions at 29 weeks but now I am too scared not to.
    my daughter was the 90 percentile and 4.3kg so something definitely just does not fit that this bub is only the 45 percentile. The worry won't stop until this bub gets out. Will also be doing growth scans every two wet is now.

Lots of lovely positive news on the board and it was great to check in and read it especially the newly pregnant ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is doing OK in our various stages of worry! Just wanted to add my 10 cents worth on immune protocols in Oz. My FS actually suggested I go to see Dr M as I think she felt she had run out of options for me after the Bondi protocol failed last cycle. I had to fess up that I had already started seeing him! And she either won't or can't prescribe me the meds Dr M will. But she said she sent a lot of her patients to him. On my last cycle I had to pretty much beg her to give me intralipids, and even then she was only allowed to give me a very small dose. It was all weird and hush hush they way they went about it though.

She also told me the story of a patient of hers (who I actually know from another forum) who had a similar case history to mine (multiple failed donor cycles with multiple donors) who recently gave birth but has a very premmie baby (who thankfully seems to be doing OK) and a very complicated pregnancy. She said that in hindsight she would have given her intralipids and she seemed quite regretful about this. I feel like her hands are tied in the clinic I go to, but that she was pretty much telling me to go and get a stronger protocol.

It is sad that we have to fight so much for this, but hopefully immune testing and protocols will become commonplace further down the track and save a lot of people such heartache.
    Last edited by Legwarmer; 11-09-2014 at 09:47.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

Galea  (10-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Leg warmer: May i ask which clinic u r with?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Galea  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Leg warmer: May i ask which clinic u r with?
    I am also wondering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fiona2 I'm sorry for your chemical... my protocol with the chemical was the first with Dr M and a viable embryo - first donor egg embryo and the best of 4. Protocol was for high CD57+ NK cells in my uterus and mild blood imbalance, otherwise I am ok, no high ANA etc thankfully. But the CD57 are bad news according to Dr Beer... So Dr M had me on dex 1.5mg from day 1 then 2mg from BFP; 40 clexane from day after transfer; intralipids I had I think 7 days prior; progesterone was 800mg after transfer - he boosted it to 1200mg when the HCG wasn't doubling but it didnt help. Who knows... could have been my fibroids, could have been something wrong with embie, or the NKs... So this time round Dr M started me on 60 clexane a week before transfer (stopping day before and of transfer); progesterone 1200mg after transfer; intralipids I had around 8 days before; also doxycyclin of 14 days started 5 days before transfer. I think that's it! I have to write a table list of everything including the estrogen from my clinic that I take each day cause otherwise it's like groundhog day and unless I tick it off as soon as I take each one, I think "oh no, did I take the estrogen just then or am I remembering last night?!"

Dr M offered me neupogen this cycle if I wanted and is still talking about potential IVIG depending on HCG results and doubling if I'm lucky enough to get a BFP next week.

What are your issues - you mustn't have uterus stuff going on if you're on pred rather than dex? We're all so different it's quite reassuring that Dr M has us all on individual protocols really.

Are you getting a stronger protocol from Dr M soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy all the very best with your blood test tomorrow, will be thinking of you!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Legwarmer that is really interesting to know, I know what you mean by the hush hush thing... I've had another FS where I am whisper at me in the clinic where they do transfers, collections, etc when I said I was dealing with immune treatment "I'm a big fan of that treatment" - it was like it was all secret and you didn't dare speak its name! this was nearly 2 years ago...