Closed Thread
Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome legwarmer.

Good luck Bertie this week for the transfer!

I know this probably has been asked but since BH doesn't allow me to do an easy search through the thread. I will just ask this here. To those who are on prednisolone, clexane and intralipid treatment (or maybe aspirin), what's your protocol like on a fresh STIM cycle? I am interested in knowing when exactly you start taking what and the dosage. Thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Legwarmer  (03-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Yes, my FS has mentioned it twice to me now. I hear you. I don't even know how expensive surrogacy is, haven't looked that far into it. And it's certainly no easy path either is it. Well I hope so much that your little frozen embie and your new protocol is the one that works for you soclose .

Ah yes, I have been reading your posts with Niduhalaine about splitting up vials etc I don't quite understand it all. I have to call Dr M this week as he wants to talk me through the Neupogen - he is so quietly spoken on the phone I am worried I won't understand everything he says. I will go back and read them again when I get to ordering mine.
    Surrogacy is so expensive. No Medicare rebate .

I have trouble understanding Dr M in the phone too. I just try and find the quietest place I can and write down everything he says. I just keep asking him to repeat if I miss something! Being interstate makes it all so much harder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PH I'm great thanks! Hey do you know or anyone else who has had neupogen know how many days before I start do you have your blood test?

PH did you have intralipids on the weekend or ivig?

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Welcome Legwarmer, I'm glad you found Dr M as he seems to be our only hope for women with immune issues.

As for your question regarding folate, You do need extra folate as the gene mutation means your body doesn't break down frolic acid. Your FS will probably prescribe Megafol, but I opted for your option 'b'. I take the broken down form of folic acid, metafolin which I get from iherb in USA.

I had my appt with Dr M on Friday and besides the issues I already knew, I can add to the list high NKC in the blood and inconclusive if I have PCOS.

He went through my protocol but as with legwarmer, I have trouble understanding him over the phone. I don't know dosages yet but thes is what he told me i need.

Metafolin
    Vitamin E
    Pregnancy multi vitamin, not a standard multi like I've been taking due to it having vitamin A
    CQ10
    A diabetic pill twice a day. Although I am healthy in the normal world, it's not clear if I have PCOS or not, so to be on the safe side he has put me on this for even metabolism or something like that, this is the section I couldn't understand him even after I asked him to repeat it.
    Clexane 40mg, 2 weeks before transfer
    Dex 1.5mg. He first said predisilone, but I told him I preferred Dex and he was fine with that.
    2 Intrilipids before transfer. He first said 1 and I questioned if that was enough so he upped it to 2
    Neuprogen a week before transfer. He first said only when I get a BFP, but I said I want to do everything before hand to cover all bases and he was fine with this also.
    IVIG if I get a BFP

MCG Bertie, I thought of you when I was questioning him about my protocol, but he was quite accommodating with everything. I felt he was being quite conservative with my protocol and I just can't take the chance of going all the way to South Africa and not being on everything possible.

I have to call him in December so he can explain what I have to do with the Neuprogen. He told me to shop around as it's expensive and suggested chemist warehouse may be the cheapest. I looked it up online and it was $1,385. I then did a search overseas and found it in UK for $600 AUD. I'm just worried that if they put it on ice it won't last all that way, but it's so much cheaper.
    Wow that's very cheap for neupogen. I'd be a bit worried too. Niduhalaine didn't have a good experience when she ordered from overseas but you never know. I guess it depends where you get it from and who is delivering it. If we found somewhere cheaper overseas who delivered still cold we could save a lot of money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey SoClose! I had intralipids... Dr M talking about potential IVIG depending on HCG levels rising if I get BFP... and I'm talking about robbing a bank!!!

He explained that the intralipids' fatty acids act on the cytocines in uterus, covering them up, but IVIG acts like an antedote to cytocines - so much stronger if needed.

We will have our FET on Monday, not feeling as optimistic as last time after the chemical but there is always hope for us all! Xxx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-09-2014),soclose  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The pharmacy is Fertility2U. I read about it from the girls on the Czech egg donor thread as this is one of the pharmacies the Czech clinics recommend for the Aussies, so I have no doubt it is reliable but they use it to buy the Depot injection and I'm just not sure if that one has to be refrigerated or not....I've asked the question on the SA thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remember PH every pregnancy is different.....sending you lots of positive vibes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB, I don't know how to add a thread link but in the Reproductive Immunology Forum the third thread down is the Medication timeline for Dr M protocols, this will give you a guide.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @soclose, I had my bloods done about 2-3 weeks before starting neupogen.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hey SoClose! I had intralipids... Dr M talking about potential IVIG depending on HCG levels rising if I get BFP... and I'm talking about robbing a bank!!!

He explained that the intralipids' fatty acids act on the cytocines in uterus, covering them up, but IVIG acts like an antedote to cytocines - so much stronger if needed.

We will have our FET on Monday, not feeling as optimistic as last time after the chemical but there is always hope for us all! Xxx
    Can we go halves in the bank robbery proceeds please . I wish ivig was cheaper. If we hasn't already done sooo many transfers we'd be in a position to be able to afford it . So much wasted money.

Lots of transfers coming up with all of us. We so need some more bfps in here. I'm hoping you will be one of them xx. Lets hope intralipids is strong enough for us too!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Galea  (02-09-2014),PreciousHeart  (01-09-2014)