+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back to back stim cycles

Has anyone done back to back stim cycles and if so what are the pros/cons in your view? We just finished a cycle and have 4 hatching blastos which we need to wait on the PGD testing results to come back on (approx 1 month). I just feel like I can't sit on my hands and lose a month given I will be 39 very shortly. Am I nuts or has someone had success with an immediate second cycle. We aren't implanting so I will have 2 full weeks (poss a bit more depending on AF) between meds and starting up again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did back to back stim cycles in March/April this year and I'll be honest, it was awful and a decision I'll never make again. To be taking all of the crinone, progynova, provera one day, get a negative result and get a period two days later then start injecting the next day was a huge physical and emotional rollarcoaster. Only my idea, not FS or DH's although they were happy enough to roll with it and my doctor did scan me on day two to check that my ovaries had recovered enough to do another cycle straight away. Neither cycle gave particularly good results or was successful but that is probably more due to my eggs than the back to back issue....

in saying all of that I think it would be a fair bit easier if you do get two weeks 'break' as you say, to not be loaded up to the eyeballs with drugs and doing the hoping-waiting-despair cycle would actually give you a breather. And I definitely appreciate the need to do something instead of being in the IVF holding pattern that seems to be where we all spend the majority of our time!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (15-08-2014),ScubaGal  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to do the second of my back to back cycles, but have a few weeks of birth control pill in between. So my egg collections will be 31 June and 18 Sept. From batch 1, like you I also have 4 embryos frozen by mine are not yet pgd tested. They will be tested with the second batch (I wanted at least 5 to test) and as my clinic does their own testing, results are back ready for the 5 day transfer. One thing I will say is that af came a couple days earlier because I had a freeze all cycle. I had 3 days of crinone before stopping.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyinjune For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your replies - wishing you both all the best with your cycles