+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh thank you so much everyone! Definitely given me an idea of how I should go about it. Think I'll start winding down this weekend. I'm actually really excited to be finishing as we'd like to start TTC at the end of the year and I'd like my body to myself for a little while first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that babies shouldn't need overnight feeds past 12 mo. Is this true? Why do bf babies feed more overnight. I'm over it too and want to wean my dd off night feeds. She should be eating more not bf!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fine my 20 month old it is a comfort thing. It puts her to sleep straight away. Some young children have dummies or a blanket, mine has boobies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pink ribbon View Post
    I was told that babies shouldn't need overnight feeds past 12 mo. Is this true? Why do bf babies feed more overnight. I'm over it too and want to wean my dd off night feeds. She should be eating more not bf!
    After 12 months food should become their primary nutritional source therefore they don't nutritionally need overnight feeds if they are eating well during the day. However that doesn't mean they don't want it.

It's also a comfort thing for alot of them, or they can be thirsty etc.

I've also found from my time on the hub that no night feeds and sleeping through the night are definitely not the norm at that age.

DS has a straw cup of water in his bed and some nights he can drink almost the whole thing. Having this helped temporarily with reducing night feeds for ds but for him it was just comfort getting fed during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped bf at 15 months but by then we were down to once a day. He never seemed to ask for a bf I just offered and he never refused. I would just reduce feedings slowly and see how it goes. If your bub won't drink milk from a cup that's fine just give more yoghurt & cheese. My boy drinks a tonne of cows milk lately since my husband started warming it up and he had very little interest in it before then, so you could try that but don't stress about how much milk she is having it's not a necessity after 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also our sleep therapist said it can take up to two weeks for their stomach to get used to not eating in the middle of the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. Dd is 18 months and I'm sooo over it. Doesn't feed at night though thank god. But just unsure how to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I weaned my DD at 15 months. She was down to 2 or 3 feeds and I just cut out feeds one at a time over a few weeks so that she hardly noticed it. I had night weaned her at 12 months so she was also eating more food during the day. I found it quite easy to wean her the way I did it, though when she finally gave it up I had a few days where I had to express a tiny bit to ease discomfort.

In the end when she was down to just the morning feed she was quite happy to give it up. I remember trying to feed her about 3 days after she weaned and she pushed away with her arms out straight.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-08-2014)