+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 2yo wet through every night..

DS wets through his pjs, sheet every single night. What do others do at night?

We we have tried so many different nappies. He tends to sleep on his front with his bum in the air. He never wets during his day nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe try girl huggies more absorbent to the front I think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A disposable with a cover on top (one that's designed for cloth nappies). A thirsties brand cover would work well as it's double gusseted. I use them and they're great.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i don't know how heavy a sleeper your little one is but I go to bed fairly late and used to do a dreamtime nappy change before I went to bed... otherwise just go up a size so that it holds more maybe..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think he could be a bit cold? My DS is 5, still wears a nappy to bed and will wet through on cold nights if I don't put enough clothes on him. Also sleeps on his tummy when he is cold. He always throws his blankets off, so I dress him in a fleece suit over his flannelette pj's if it is cold enough.
    That said, I didn't put his fleece suit on last night and he wet through to his bed, then got up and hopped in DD's bed (she was in with me) so wet it as well!
    Lots of washing for me today!
    I also use those toilet training sheet things over his sheets, so usually don't have to change all the sheets, can't remember what they're called, I got mine from pillow talk.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Do you think he could be a bit cold? My DS is 5, still wears a nappy to bed and will wet through on cold nights if I don't put enough clothes on him. Also sleeps on his tummy when he is cold. He always throws his blankets off, so I dress him in a fleece suit over his flannelette pj's if it is cold enough.
    That said, I didn't put his fleece suit on last night and he wet through to his bed, then got up and hopped in DD's bed (she was in with me) so wet it as well!
    Lots of washing for me today!
    I also use those toilet training sheet things over his sheets, so usually don't have to change all the sheets, can't remember what they're called, I got mine from pillow talk.
    Yep he definitely could be a bit cold. He gets eczema flare ups and part of the treatment is to make sure he'd not overly dressed or warm at night. I'll try a few more layers tonight though and an extra blanket and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks team! I'll be giving a few of these suggestions a go over the next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might be a silly question but what does he have to drink before bed? Could you cut back?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Might be a silly question but what does he have to drink before bed? Could you cut back?
    Definitely need to cut back.. And maybe stop putting him to bed with his drink bottle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

kw123  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same issue with both my kids. Also both tummy sleepers.
    I Cut back drinks 2-3hrs before bed. Nappy change before you go to bed. My ds sleeps through the nappy change. He is 19mths.
    Get a mattress protector or 2 and have him sleep on that so it's less sheets to wash.