+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first was 2.5hrs, second was induced, about 6hrs of pre-labour then baby flew out in about half an hr? Then third bub was 52mins.

I don't think you can base your decision on other peoples labour lengths, but as a general rule (not always!) labours tend to get quicker each pregnancy. I wouldn't not travel for Xmas bases on fear of labour, but then I'm quite happy to home birth too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    Hi all, this is my third pregnancy and he will be due on Christmas Day.
    I have to go somewhere 1 week before due date that's about 1.5 hours drive.
    I am a bit nervous about going in case baby comes early.
    With my first I was induced. 24 hour labor.
    With my second by the time I feel I was in labor (started having any contractions) I was already 5cm dilated and 3 hours of labor, she would've came earlier if I let the midwife break my water earlier.
    So I am hoping the third one will at least take a good 3 hours too.

Anyone had a very quick labor from the moment you realized that you are in labor?
    Anyone had baby in the car?
    My #3 was half an hour from first contraction to birth. Only just made it to the hospital which was literally a couple of blocks away. By the time they got me on the bed she was crowning and out in 1 big push. She was born at 38+1

#2 was 45 mins, AFTER they told me I wasnt in labour. Had been having contractions for 2 hours prior but they weren't registering on the ctg so they sent me away. Thankfully I only went across the road. The midwife got a hell of a shock when I was back half an hour later saying I needed to push and 15 mibs later out she came. She was born at 38+4

#4 was 23 minutes. Was getting contractions for a bit and due to my history of fast labours they made me come in straight away even though the contractions werent overally strong. Got to hospital and they stopped completely. Then over an hour later they started again and she was out in 4 contractions. She was 39+5

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 14-08-2014 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second was 48minites, my 3rd was 52 minutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first was 4 hours after AROM in hospital (39+4). My second was 45mins from first contraction to him being born (37+1) - HOWEVER my waters had spontaneously broken 8 hours prior. The hospital sent me home because I "wasn't" in labour. Sure enough I got home, had a few painful contractions, felt like pushing, and had him on the lounge room floor. Should be interesting to see how baby number 3 plays out