+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like to come on here. Am also lucky I see my mum weekly and chat to her too. There is a part of me that I keep inside and don't want to share with anyone. Sadly I have been turning to food lately when stressed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on the problem really. Sometimes I got straight to DH but if I feel like I need to vent or bounce thoughts off someone I'll confide in a trusted person from my local mums group, or my sister, or a friend or someone from work. Sometimes support can come from the most unexpected of places and I've learnt that generally most people will try and listen if you give them a chance. Once I found myself sobbing in a colleagues office over the fact my DD wasn't sleeping well and I was struggling with returning to work while she was so young. I have quite a few good mates at work but this person I hardly knew and she is waaay older than me and tbh I always thought she was a bit stuck up. But it turned out she had experience working in mental health and just sat and listened to me while I cried and cried. You just never know until you open up a bit, sometimes your gut will guide you to someone who can lend you a non judgmental shoulder to cry on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dh, BFFs, my mums group, my mum, work colleagues, extended family and BH in that order.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to talk to my hubby about everything, but he is such an optimistic person and totally doesn't understand my point of view and find it off that I feel depressed at times.
    Although he can see everything I am going through but I feel he doesn't actually understand how I feel.
    I really miss talking to my girls friends for hours every night. Some of my friends and I have been friends for 17 years. But I find it hard now talking to them about anything too deep. We hardly even catch up anymore, I am the only one with kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 bffs happily go over the same crap with me for hours on end. I probably should have married one of them. DH used to be my other bff but not anymore😢

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Qc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My sister. We talk most days for a hour or more. It not uncommon to talk for 2 or 3 hours in the morning and another 1 hour at night. She lives 5 hours drive away so we don't see each other often.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister, my dh and sometimes my mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    The only person I talk to about absolutely anything that is stressing me out is DH. He is the only person in the world who knows all that I am going through.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yep. Same here. I'd be lost without him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Depends. I talk to my hubby about almost everything but if I need to vent and hubby won't "get" it, I go to my BFF. She either gives me sympathy or distracts me until I'm happy again. If I know I need someone to talk some sense into me or put things into perspective, I talk to my parents. If I just want someone I listen, I talk to my oldest sister. I just realised I'm lucky to have a varied support network.