+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always thought I wanted 2 then I had a baby. We then felt comfortable trying for a second and it looks like its not happening so we're now getting comfortable with 1. Sometimes the choice kind of gets made for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Headoverfeet- I'd love to be a surrogate one day. Or donate my eggs. When I'm ready I'll be all over here asking advice, lol!

I think I was happy at 2 until I met my current partner. Now u really want another so we can share the journey together
    I am an utter souk though, I love babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am done with 3. Have no desire whatsoever for another. I'm glad I had my third as I think I would've regretted it later not having another. I feel complete and so content with my family the way it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Before we had children DH and I decided we wanted 2 or 3.

After DD was born at 25 weeks we had quite a dilemma to face... we really didn't want to put ourselves through that journey again, but really didn't want just one child (not that having one would be the end of the world, but it wasn't our ideal number).

So we've rolled the dice again and number two is due in December, but that is it!! Three is totally off the table. So, I guess we decided fairly soon after we had DD, and yes it was a little different to our preconceived plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I guess I always thought I would have 2. But after 9 years ttc and then the pregnancy from hell, I know that 1 is it for us. Actually I'm pretty comfortable with that, I feel the three of us is a great team and I don't have any desire to add another.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hubby and I both thought 1 or 2 kids would work best for our family. When DS was 2yrs we knew we did want to TTC #2. Fast forward nearly 3 years, lots of operations and ivf I'm currently pregnant with number 2 and know in my heart this bub will complete our family. I couldn't emotionally or physically do this again and for me 2 kids seems like it will be manageable (I hope!) and just right as a family of 4 xxx
    Last edited by bel2466; 13-08-2014 at 21:22.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-08-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pregnant with number 4 (being 5th child in total) I want to be done but I keep thinking just one more dp is so against it I think he may get the snip haha something he has always said no to

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I realised that even whilst married, I was doing it all on my own. Left my husband and decided that was it, no more babies for me

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

jez  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually always said I only wanted 2 children but after ds2 I didn't feel complete and dh always said he wanted 3 so we agreed to try for number 3. As soon as we were pregnant with number 3 I knew we were done. Having more would mean a bigger house and a bigger car, it would be too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I always said 3 was my limit. Even before we had kids. After 2 I was scared to go again (traumatic birth with DS2, so many issues conceiving him and he has extra needs) but I never felt done.

After DS3 was born, I felt different. Completely and utterly done. Ready to move on from this stage of my life. I no longer have the urge to have anymore babies. Its hard to explain, I just KNOW I'm done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app