+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you decide you were done having kids??

Im interested to know how/when people decided they were done having more children. Did you always say you would only have x amount? what were your deciding factors? Did you change your mind and have more?…did you just know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I always thought I wanted about 3 or 4. We have 2 girls and while it would have been nice for dp to have a boy, the thought of any more kids is enough to make me feel like throwing up and curling into a tight ball and rocking backwards and forwards in a dark corner. 2 is enough for me. I don't think I could handle any more.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (13-08-2014),Kiplusthree  (14-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    After falling pregnant after #3 and feeling so terrified that I had a termination. Hubby had the snip after that. Funnily enough I am pregnant again but as a surrogate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't yet made a definite decision - it's the horror stories turning me off thinking about #3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I swore I was done after all of mine... we have 4 now and I am already wanting another. Dh isnt helping by dropping hints. I honestly felt done while pregnant with #4, so did dh to the point he was going to get the snip. But now we arent so sure. We never expected to be parents- dh was told it would be a miracle if he ever fathered a child so we definitely didnt expect to have 4 (plus 2 m/c).

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Always wanted 6. We have 6. I had the appointment to have my tubes tied. 2 days before hubby pulled the plug on it as their was some complications that meant it would be a much bigger op. He was going to get the snip. It never happened.

My heads says no more, I am to old. My hearts yearns for more. Dh says no more but he would be ok if a baby decided to make us it parents.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I only ever wanted two and after my first, I was too scared to go back for a second for quite a while! The moment after I had my second though, I knew I would have another. My third is nearing three years old and I would've loved another but my health took that choice out of my hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We decided just after my 2nd child turned one. We were happy and content and the desire to have any more just wasn't there. We agreed to wait two more years before DH would get the snip and make it permanent. We had a surprise before we ended up using permanent contraception, but DH got the snip. I think if our situation was different DH might want one more now that ours are all a bit older, but I am soooooo done so I'm glad it's not something that we can do as the logistics of another baby are just a nightmare for us in terms of our lifestyle, house size, future plans etc. Another baby just does not fit in there at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wanted four. After I had my second I though about having another on and off. I finally decided two was enough. Im pregnant with number three now. This will be it for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I really sat down and realised going on holidays, being able to go for dinners, owning our own home etc was important to me I knew financially having more then 2 kids (plus 4 step kids) would make the things I wanted not as doable. I no these things aren't important to some people but for me it was. Plus I never enjoyed doing the stay at home mum thing and if I went back to work with more kids in daycare it would be too expensive