+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Overly Emotional/Emotional Imbalance???

Since having kids I have become a major crier. Relationship problems don't make me cry so much, but ads do, movies, close friends situations, etc..

I can't watch my son perform in his school dances and performances without wanting to burst into tears, that is because I am so proud of him, I just don't know how to watch him and enjoy it without the tears! It's awful. I find myself taping him while thinking about chores so i don't embarrass him and myself.
    If I go to an assembly and one of them get called up for an award, I have to head out of the hall.. I can't very well stand there and applaud with a big sooky face.

I could go to a funeral of a stranger and be the most upset person there, and there was a pic of an elderly man and a dog on the Sunrise FB page that made me teary, I didn't dare watch the vid.

A very good friend of mine was telling me about a situation she's in yesterday, I almost lost the plot, I was so sad for her, the news about Robin Williams had me in tears in Target while laybying clothes for my daughter..

Is anyone else like this? I am thinking I may see someone as I have had huge issues with depression over the years, maybe this stems from that? I don't know but it's really horrible.

Sorry for rambling, so over keeping this to myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The one friend I have who is like this has battled depression. She thought it was linked as her emotions were often quite close to the surface.

I don't cry easily at all so am not a good benchmark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am exactly like that now (I don't have any kids) but I became like that after meeting my DH! I often wonder whether it's because in my previous marriage I wasn't allowed to cry (I would be told how stupid I was if I did) that now my body has decided to allow itself to cry over anything!

I used to be an ice queen, unemotional and unsympathetic. Now I feel like the opposite. I hate watching the news because I'll cry. I can't read any stories about anything happening to animals or I'll cry. I can't read about happy things, because I'll cry. Arggg. I am not used to being like that!

I have suffered from depression too, but for me, I don't think that's what it is. It's almost like I just feel my emotions much more than before. It's annoying

I really get where you are coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been like this since having DS (7 weeks ago), I was hoping it was only temporary!