+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    First time was lying on my side in bed and felt and big but slow rush of water. It didn't feel anything like wetting myself so knew instantly. Second time was a couple hours into labour. Went to the toilet and something felt as though it was right there (thought it was baby's head!). So felt it and broke my own waters. It felt just like popping a huge water balloon.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was lying in bed two days before my due date and had been unable to sleep (for obvious reasons being 9 months pregnant). It was 3am and I suddenly it felt like someone had "unplugged" me down there, lol.. It felt exactly like I'd just peed the bed, without warning. Nothing felt different prior, it just happened put of the blue.
    I stood up and walked over to the shower where it continued to leak out, sometimes fast gushing, sometimes trickling. By the time I got to the hospital for a check up a couple of hours later, I was drenched walking up the hall to the birthing suite.
    In the end I ended up using folded cloth nappies in my underwear (pads failed me miserably at that point) and I didn't actually go into labour, just continued leaking for nearly 2 days until I had to be induced.

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have only had spontaneous waters breaking once (DS3). I had veen having contractions for an hour, I got up off the couch to do something for DS1 and felt a small gush. Thought I'd pee'd myself so I laid back down for half an hour, stood up and nothing happened right away, took 2 steps and they broke fully with a big gush.

I actually thought my waters broke with DS2 but it was bleeding from the placental abruption. It was a very similar feeling though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Second pregnancy I was 36+5 and went to bed feeling fine. Woke up around 2:30am to the feeling of a big pee then realised I couldn't stop it. Shoved Dh awake and jumped out of bed just in time for a couple of big splashes. Dhs face was priceless considering he went from being dead asleep to watching water pour out of me lol

I got to the shower and a couple of more big splashes. Put a pad on and went to the hospital but ended up being induced 2 days later because labour didn't start. I'm probably going to sound weird but I thought the whole waters breaking was pretty cool...with ds1 I had no idea when I lost my waters so when my waters broke with ds2 I didn't expect to go early at all, it was really unexpected. I wasn't sitting there thinking any day now my waters will break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With DD it was a trickle after I felt a small twinge....then my contractions started a 2 mins apart. The rest of the fluid came out in a gush when she was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I felt a "bubble" about 5 mins later another "bubble" then a gush! I was 36+6 my contractions started an hour and a half later

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Subbing as I'm 38.5 weeks and constantly thinking mine are going to go!

With my first they didn't break until around 8cm (about 20 something hours into labour) I remember looking down and seeing them break onto the living room floor in a big gush, but it all seems fuzzy tbh. I must have gotten in the pool after that (home birth) because I don't remember them keeping on coming or having to wear a pad or anything.
    This was my initial answer but with DD (now 6 weeks) they never broke and she was born in the caul!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine broke at 39+1 about an hour before my booked csection. I had had period like pain the couple of hours before.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 38weeks on the dot and we were in the CBD at a hotel visiting friends and I had just asked to have a quick lie down on their hotel bed....needless to say I wrecked their bed, floor and bath towels....I actually took about 3 with me shoved up my legs as I waddled through reception and out to the car. Classy!

Contractions actually didn't start til about 1.5hrs after that when I was already in hospital just getting checked out. Baby 4hrs later!

I never expected it to happen spontaneously, I always thought that was just in movies etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    - What happened when your waters broke?
    I felt a "pop" and a few minutes later a trickle, then a small gush. 10 minutes later my waters exploded out of me lol

- Where were you?
    In bed

- How did it feel?
    Like I'd peed myself at the beginning!

- What were you doing?
    Trying to fall asleep. I'd been in bed 30 mins.

- Were you already in labour having contractions or did the contractions start later?
    They started about 30 minutes after my water broke. About 7 mins apart from the get go. Started to get very painful after 2 hours and were anywhere from 1-5 mins apart