+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was having non stop contractions for 7hrs and they broke in the hospital, it was two huge gushes of mucky water, it wasn't a trickle at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine broke 7 hours after labour started, I was in the shower at the hospital. I was in there for ages, so it must have finished trickling by the time I got out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got up to go to the toilet at about 10.30pm. I felt a lot of fluid come out before I reached the toilet, I thought it was pee at first but it just didn't stop flowing and it smelt sweet, so I realised pretty quickly my waters had in fact broken. Fluid continued trickling out and I wore depends disposable undies which needed changing regularly. Every time I stood up from a sitting or laying position, it would gush out. It's definitely a strange feeling, you can certainly feel where it's flowing from. I went back to bed (even though I was excited and scared at this point) to get some sleep. I woke at 5am with contractions. My labour was 36hours (first birth). The fluid continued leaking until birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having some mild contractions but didn't think much of it as I had been having them in the evenings all week. I took a shower which usually made them ease. I went to to bed for an hour then needed the toilet, I sat down and nothing came out so I stood up and pinkish liquid dribbled on the floor. I would have thought I weed myself if they weren't pink. After that contractions started really amping up so I called the hospital and they asked me to come in. 7 hours later DS was born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke up feeling normal. Had a small Braxton hick - or so I thought..
    Got up to pee and didn't make it to the end of the bed before I started leaking. It felt a little bit like I wet myself except I couldn't feel anything like you normally do on the inside- there was no control unlike your bladder.
    I thought it was hilarious which only made it worse.
    Almost immediately I started having proper contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story was kind of my worst fear lol!

I had been having contractions for three days at home and was on my way in to the hospital. My hubby dropped me at the front entrance whilst he went to park the car. I gave birth at a busy Melb CBD hospital and this was about 9:00am Friday morning so people everywhere. I had just walked inside and right as I was walking past the crowded Hudson's Coffee, my waters gushed everywhere! I literally had a puddle on the carpet and I was like a deer in headlights because I was on my own and didn't know what to do...😧so embarrassing!!! Then as I
    shuffled towards the bathroom, with every step there was a gush!!! I was mortified lol!!! I then had bubba at 5:30 that night via c-section due to failure to progress...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first my waters never broke after 10hrs of first stage labour, contractions at 3 min for most of that, til EMCS.

My 2nd contractions started 5 min apart and I had a show after about 2 hours. I was in the bath (bliss!!) after that and after a few more hours could feel a sensation down there. There was no pop or anything. I felt the water down there and it seemed a little thicker - PP's description of pasta water would be pretty accurate. I really didn't want it to be my waters as I knew I'd have to get out of the bath and go to hospital! But I got up, dried off, went to the toilet, put my PJs on and then gushed more fluid all over them!!

I was so hopeful that my waters breaking would have meant I'd dilated more than first time but both labours progressed (or rather didn't) exactly the same, still 1/2 cm and 90% after 10-12 hours, despite waters breaking. Both EMCS were due to fetal tachycardia though, not FTP.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My waters broke two hours before ds was born, 11hrs after labour started. It felt like a water balloon bursting in my vjj.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My waters have broken spontaneously every time.

DD1 - was rolling over in bed at night (about 11pm)

DS - was getting up out of bed for the day (about 7am)

DD2 - was folding washing and waters broke. Was in pre-labour for a few days I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My waters broke at 8:30am on a Saturday morning (grand final day) after quite a big and painful BH. Jumped out of bed cos I needed to pee after the contraction and by the time I got to the doorway of the bathroom it was trickling down my leg. As I did need to pee I wondering if I had lost all bodily functions and pee'd myself but when I straddled the toilet it kept coming even after I had been to the toilet. I was only 36+6 at the time. Contractions unfortunately never started and I was induced at 10pm that night after AB's. Although my labour did nothing all day, DS was born shortly after at 1:19am.
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 13-08-2014 at 21:07.