+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    With DS2 I had just started pushing, had a little trickle and then a huge gush on the next contraction. Even in the throes of labour I was very aware that my waters had broken.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine broke with my first. It was about 6am, I got up and went to the toilet and on my way back to bed it felt like I'd started to wee so I rang back to the toilet and it just kept trickling out. I had to put a pad on and walk around. No big gushes for me just constant trickling, felt disgusting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine broke at home after 5 hours of labour. Straight after plug came out whole
    Arrived in hospital 1 hour later 10cm dilated
    I would describe it like water in a saucepan after cooking pasta.
    It continually poured at every contraction for an hour

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was in labor all 3 times..

#1 on the hospital bed for arom, felt like I'd wet myself and I remember thinking how the hell am I going to get up without it leaking everywhere??

#2 was just before he was born, again arom in birthpool (homebirth) my waters were bulging past my cervix and mw felt it was causing my back pain. As soon as she broke them my pain stopped and I felt like pushing, he was born 4min later.

#3 they broke as she was born, in birthpool again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was already in the bath and at least 7cm dilated. I don't know at what point they went, I felt nothing. They definitely hadn't broken when I arrived at the birth centre and I was 7cm upon checking so they broke somewhere between then and 2hrs later when dd was born

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    My last 2 pregnancies, I had to have my waters broken by a midwife, so I don't actually know what to expect if it was to happen naturally...

What happened when your waters broke? Where were you? How did it feel? What were you doing? Were you already in labour having contractions or did the contractions start later? if so, how long after?

and probably a silly question... but would it wake you if you were asleep? if you were asleep and woke up wet, how would you know if your waters had broken or if you'd wet the bed...?
    #1 they were wheeling me out of the ambo at hospital. I felt a little pop and then some warm liquid. Had already been in labour for an hour with contractions 3 mins apart.

#2 the midwife had just told me I wasnt in labour and was about to do an internal. Just as she put her gloves on, I felt a familiar pop and told her my waters had broken. Dd2 was born 45 mins later. Had been having contractions for a little while before it, but not enough for them to think it was the real deal.

#3 my waters broke with my first contraction, again felt the pop and then fluid come out. Dd3 was born half an hour later.

#4 I never actually felt my waters break. The midwife said there was very little fluid in front of bubs head and even she wasnt sure if they had gone or not. On my discharge papers though it says they broke 23 minutes before she was born, which was with my first real contraction (she was out in 4 pushes). I was in labour for a total of 3 hours, although my contractions stopped completely when we arrived at the birth centre. Started again just after 9am and she was in my arms 20 minutes later).

In my own experience I get contractions generally before my waters break. But like in the case of dd3 yes I would know because of the popping feeling.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one and only time my waters have broken before labour had stated was with my fourth baby. I woke up at 4am and immediately thought I had wet the bed! I was horrified.

Got up to go to the toilet and it just kept gushing out so then I thought it was my waters and by the time I sat on the toilet I knew because of the smell/consistency

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like you my for my first two babies my waters were broken by the midwife. When I was pregnant with my third my waters broke spontaneously before labour had started. I had just gotten home from shopping and went to the toilet when I felt something sort of let go inside and felt a trickle come out (still on the toilet). It didn't feel like urine because I had no control over it. I was 36+1 so it was a bit unexpected, I then left the toilet in a daze, I made it just outside the door when I had to take off my pants because they were wet, by the time I got to the kitchen the trickle was getting heavier and I looked down to see I was standing in a puddle of water, it was then I clicked that my waters had definitely broken. From there the fluid just didn't stop, I tried multiple maternity pads before my Mum gave me two of DS's nappies to use and that is how I went to the hospital, just as I waddled in the nappies were starting to leak (40 minute drive there). For me contractions started about 1.5 hours after my waters broke and DD was born 2.5 hours after contractions started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I'm 38.5 weeks and constantly thinking mine are going to go!

With my first they didn't break until around 8cm (about 20 something hours into labour) I remember looking down and seeing them break onto the living room floor in a big gush, but it all seems fuzzy tbh. I must have gotten in the pool after that (home birth) because I don't remember them keeping on coming or having to wear a pad or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    39+4 spontaneously. I had been having contractions for 2 days prior. Went to the hospital and they broke in the waiting room! Good thing I was already wearing a pad

♥ me & my little boy ♥