+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When your waters broke...

My last 2 pregnancies, I had to have my waters broken by a midwife, so I don't actually know what to expect if it was to happen naturally...

What happened when your waters broke? Where were you? How did it feel? What were you doing? Were you already in labour having contractions or did the contractions start later? if so, how long after?

and probably a silly question... but would it wake you if you were asleep? if you were asleep and woke up wet, how would you know if your waters had broken or if you'd wet the bed...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    One night dp and I were DTD when all of a sudden it felt like someone actually punched my cervix from the inside. The next morning I woke up to get ready for work and I went to the toilet first. When I got to my room to get dressed there was a trickle running down my leg. I knew it wasn't wee because I had just been and it was still just trickling down my leg slowly. I was 34 weeks and got a ride in an ambulance because it turned out the trickle was in fact my waters broken and I went into labour within minutes. I went from no contractions at all to contractions 2 minutes apart within 15 minutes of waters breaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Asleep! Woke around 2.00am with an urgent need to pee, stood up out of the bed to go to the loo, and voila! Waters burst! That was first pregnancy, second spontaneous also during labour, third ruptured by midwife

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DD, it was a spontaneous labour and my waters broke in hospital. Had been having full on contractions for over 12hrs. It was an explosion! No mistaking it.

With DS the middie broke my waters as part of the induction process. There was so much water and it just kept gushing out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My waters broke naturally with our 1st. 8am one morning and I was trying to sit on a bean bag. I thought I had wet myself and ran to the toilet but then the liquid just kept on gushing out (way more than a big pee) and I realised what was going on. It was *so* exciting. But then nothing happened. I was induced two days later. Still nothing, and the next day had a caesarean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had just went to the toilet, stood to to put my knickers on and felt a gush of fluid. Was confused whether I had wet myself or it was my waters. It kept going and was tinged pink so I figured out it was my waters. Had to go to the hospital to get checked and was than sent home as contractions hadn't started. DD wasn't born till 42 hours after they broke and it was like a waterfall that whole time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been in labour when my waters have broken. It felt like baby was coming then a huge pop like feeling then the gush lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was lying in bed thinking to myself that I thought I was going into labour! Had fairly regular 8 min contractions since 3pm the day before. It was supposed to be DH's last day at work (was 40+3) and he was watching the news getting ready when I yelled out at 6 am that I thought he shouldn't go as I thought something was going to happen, about 3 mins later I felt/heard a pop and jumped up knowing it was my waters then the gush came and had to call DH to get a towel!! It just kept coming!!

DH then dropped the car at work at came back while I frantically washed the towels I had just used and did another load of washing!!

Contractions continued but slowly, went to the birth centre at about 6.30 pm when they were 2 mins apart. DS born the next morning at 8.19 am - 26 hours from waters breaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was lying on the couch reading and I felt a little trickle and thought I had wet myself, I jumped up and niagra falls poured out, there was no mistaking it!

Second time I woke up with a strong contraction and each time I had a contraction a little bit came out, enough to wear a pad but it was not a huge gush like the first time.

I could tell easily that it was not urine as I could feel the liquid coming out of my vagina, not my urethra, it was a very different sensation to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to bed, tossed and turned for an hour, couldn't sleep, went to the toilet and out it trickled. I was stunned and thought nah, that's wee, it can't be my waters.

got up off toilet and more gushed out (feeling of not being able to stop it). I panicked heaps as it didnt happen with my first baby.

hospital wanted me to get checked out as i had no contractions just rectal pressure so I did and I was 0cm!! We planned on Staying in the birth suite overnight for induction in the morning but labour started 1.5hrs after we got there. I went from 0cm to baby in arms in 4.5hrs.