+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That it still hurts after it's all over! Those after birth contractions while the im uterus is shrinking is almost like being in labour again argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrockfaery View Post
    That you can have a wonderful supportive midwife for the first half of your labour, and a neglectful selfish cow for the second half.
    This! This happened with my first - her most used sentence was "you think it's bad now, you have hooouurrs to go!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I agree with the absolute shock of having a baby. I was in shock for days after DS1.

That my boobs would leak constantly and breast pads didn't stand a chance.

The sensation of having a caesarean. The pulling, pushing, yanking... It was just bizarre! Plus the obstetrician and the surgical team just chatting away as if they were down at the pub instead of performing major surgery. I was grateful for that, it calmed me down.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    And now I'm all clucky again lol.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Falkor  (17-08-2014),HeavenBlue  (16-08-2014),Starfish30  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling really scared as c section at 10am and pains 9pm getting steadily climbing the pain scale and hitting 8 and finally a new nurse at midnight peeled back the plaster from epidural and calling the crash cart for morphine and over dosing me, but who looked after my baby all night nobody I think, luckily hospitals are in lock down over night!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get afterbirth pains with both of my children!

I assumed the 2nd csection would be easier recovery but I have found the opposite!
    No one also told me that I would feel like a truck had run over my chest for a couple of days due to the OB pressing down on it during the csection. Awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh I just remembered something else. The referred pain after having a caesarean. It's due to air being trapped after surgery. I got it near my shoulder twice. It took my breath away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    This! This happened with my first - her most used sentence was "you think it's bad now, you have hooouurrs to go!"
    Mine "forgot" to put up another bag of synt up for 2 hours causing my labour to halt, no further dilation, and emerg c section under a general. Not fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way they push on your tummy to feel your uterus contract
    I had bruises on my tummy it was the most painful part of the birth
    Also that the episiotomy is done with scissors, I thought it would be a scalpel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another one. That my stretch marks would look 100 times worse as soon as I'd given birth and take weeks to settle back. My little teeny white marks were all of a sudden massive red craters and looked horrible.