+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That my legs would be like jelly and I wouldn't walk properly for a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That about 3 months after the birth your beautiful lustrous pregnancy hair would start to malt, and seriously malt! I thought I would have no hair left!

How time consuming BFing is... How crappy it can go no matter what you try how painful it is & how sometimes your milk won't come in till day 5/6.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How ever many pads and granny undies you think you need - double it.
    Pain from contractions may be felt in your back, not your stomach. And they can be back-to-back with no "rest period"
    Your feet may swell after childbirth, even if they didn't during pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    That about 3 months after the birth your beautiful lustrous pregnancy hair would start to malt, and seriously malt! I thought I would have no hair left!

How time consuming BFing is... How crappy it can go no matter what you try how painful it is & how sometimes your milk won't come in till day 5/6.
    Oh yes I'd forgotten about all about my hair coming out in clumps after a few months! My house and clothes were always covered in hair.... I didn't know that either

Thanks
    Reviews
    And as others have mentioned breastfeeding HURTS so bad for the first few weeks/months.... I was told by the middies if it hurts you're not doing it properly. Umm no it just really really painful.

Also that whilst you anticipate a baby will be hard OMG the first 6 weeks with a newborn was a living hell.

And yes I was a blubbery mess thinking WHAT HAVE I DONE?!? on day 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That no matter how terrified you are of birth and the possible interventions, when the time comes you switch into another gear and stop worrying about yourself. Getting the baby out safe is no. 1.

The constant leakage of waters after the first big gush. It just keeps coming & coming!

The mild contractions when BFing and feeling like you're 'squirting' yet even more fluid.

That a BF session takes up to an hour every feed.

The amount of noise a newborn can sleep through. Ringing bells, nurse call beepers, chatty visitors, other crying babies, everything!

How sad I'd feel when DH had to leave hospital at night.

No matter how many BH threads you read or episodes of One Born Every Minute you watch, something will happen that you're not prepared for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with ALL of the above, spesh waters breaking. Mine went in a huge way then I leaked continuously. I had another big gush when I got to hospital, followed by more leaking til birth.

That They put a tablet up my butt after birth!!! To help with the swelling.

That you can still move when you have an epidural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    That sometimes babies dont cry when they're born. DS3 was born not breathing so was taken to the other side of the room for some assistance and I was screaming for someone to tell me he was ok after a couple of minutes cos he still wasnt crying.

Turns our after some oxygen he was completely fine and felt no need to cry, he just lay in my arms looking up at me for a couple of hours until he had his first shots and then we heard him cry for the first time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    tmi warning!...I expected to ffeel the "ring of fire" when baby crowned. I did not expect to ffeel the stretch in my c.litoris. The nerves were firing like crazy. It was the only time I was scared during labour.
    This! I was terrified that I was tearing upwards iykwim, everything was fine but I wish I'd known that if you feel like you're being ripped open - chances are you're actually not and it just really hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    You may not feel like your baby is the most beautiful thing in the world and be consumed with love instantly - dd looked funny and was covered in muck and I was too exhausted to feel anything really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    That I would be shocked first rather than 'in love' with my newborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Definitely, I felt bad that I didn't have that enormous rush of love that everyone talks about. I was more relieved than anything else! Don't get me wrong I had a great birth, at home in water just like I wanted, but it was really really long and I was so exhausted!
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So true! I had my first nearly nine years ago and I felt truly shocked! I wasn't elated or in a love daze I was just siting there wondering WTF just happened!
    I'm glad that so many people said this sort of thing, I had my first a few weeks ago and only felt shocked and exhausted when he born, none of the instant overwhelming love that everyone usually talks about. I felt really bad about it for a while too, it's very reassuring to see it's not uncommon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That not every baby comes out crying straightaway. DS didn't and I panicked but he was absolutely fine! Eyes wide open and alert, looking around like 'WTF just happened?' He only cried very briefly when the nurse went to give him a bit of a rub down.