+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    You may not feel like your baby is the most beautiful thing in the world and be consumed with love instantly - dd looked funny and was covered in muck and I was too exhausted to feel anything really.

And yes you need a truckload worth of pads and change of underpants.
    Definitely, I felt bad that I didn't have that enormous rush of love that everyone talks about. I was more relieved than anything else! Don't get me wrong I had a great birth, at home in water just like I wanted, but it was really really long and I was so exhausted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How quickly you may forget the pain!

First bub I had forgotten the actual physical pain of labour within a few days, emotional pain took another two years. Second bub I had 'forgotten' in under 3hrs.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my 2xCS's....
    • When the anaesthetist says a CS is 'just like someone doing the washing up inside your belly' that it is a drastic understatement.
    • That DH will have to hang onto your shoulders while the Obst tries to wrestle out the babies and you will have no living idea what is happening on the other side of that screen.... Apart from a weird slurping sound....
    • That you might get sprayed in the face with umbilical cord blood when it is cut.
    • That you will gladly swap those teeny tiny knickers for high waisted granny pants that could double as a flag.
    • That it will be months before you will want to wear 'normal' jeans or pants again.
    • That you will have a 'belly skin skirt'.
    • That bonding may take a couple of weeks to happen (took weeks with DD but a few hours with DS).
    • That wearing a pad tucked under your 'skin skirt' makes the CS wound feel a lot better.
    • That your swollen feet and ankles will take 6w to go back to normal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (13-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Without a doubt the dreaded 'after birth' pains, I didn't know they existed, let alone be prepared for them and also that they get worse with each subsequent birth. Magnesium is your friend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree with the swelling of the lady parts after a vag birth. I was horrified, it was like 2 tyre inner tubes down there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Day 3 blues...I felt so emotional and cried most of the day...my midwife said alot of women get the day 3 blues where they are emotional and exhausted. Also, the milk coming in hard and fast!! Couldn't believe how humongous, heavy and hard they were!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    I know this isn't quite on topic, but I'd read lots of birth stories and wasn't sure what to expect. So I was surprised that giving birth can happen without complications/horrendous pain (was bad but not what I'd built it up to be). But I still felt completely shocked by the experience. And I gave birth last Friday.
    So true! I had my first nearly nine years ago and I felt truly shocked! I wasn't elated or in a love daze I was just siting there wondering WTF just happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 - That it's possible to give birth without one parent present and awake !!
    #2 - That on day three I would cry all day and be a terrible mess, all the midwives acted like it was completely normal and expected... they could have told me that on day 2!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    That it would hurt getting up and put of bed for the first time after my c section.
    That I would be a sobbing, emotional mess from the baby blues a few days after bub arrived.
    That so many nurses would be touching my boobs trying to help me with breast feeding.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it would be just how involuntary the pushing becomes. My uterus completely took over and I had to breathe to slow it down. If I had been expecting it I probably wouldn't have torn as badly.

Also, that my body would decide to push out the dissolvable stitches instead of dissolving them. Didn't expect to have to get the damn things removed weeks later.