+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did a lot of reading of threads just like this one, so there wasn't much that surprised me!

Two things I can think of though:

-That it takes days before your milk comes in. How did I miss that?
    -That it can take a long time for abdominal muscles to get anywhere near each other again. I was SO upset to wake up in the middle of the night to feed DD, only to find that I couldn't sit up by myself. A compression belt was a life-saver for the first few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    After pains suck.

Breastfeeding can be fu@kin hard.
    Yeah I was shocked how bad the after pains were! Even worse second time too.

And a big F YES to BF can be hard. I really wish more people shared that info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here to say....after birth pains omg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    tmi warning!...I expected to ffeel the "ring of fire" when baby crowned. I did not expect to ffeel the stretch in my c.litoris. The nerves were firing like crazy. It was the only time I was scared during labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That contractions are way worse than pushing a baby out!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-08-2014),Funnels  (13-08-2014),GingerKat  (15-08-2014),Justwant2beamummy  (13-08-2014),Mokeybear  (13-08-2014),ozeymumof5  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm agreeing with those after pains, ouch!
    The bleeding afterwards was a huge shock. 9 months of no AF was made up with 8 straight weeks of bleeding (after my natural the c/s were a lot less)When they said bring maternity pads and thinking 1 packet was enough was a major fail, try 20 packs lol.

Milk coming in actually means you wake up and bam b00bs are hard as rocks and ready to roll!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The sensation of your uterus contracting when breastfeeding soon after giving birth. I was like wtf??? No one told me this!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ring of fire! I didn't get that first time around but second time, it was intense. My ob was wonderful and had a bowl of ice water ready to go, aaaah the relief was amazing!

PPH - one minute bf my dd the next it felt like my insides had fallen out or I was pooing myself. Sorry tmi ahead... Nope, just mass chunks of retained placenta. Also a bit scary and full on when they call code red alarm and a cast of thousands enter the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Nobody told me how WEIRD it would feel to stand up straight for the first time after giving birth. One minute you're waddling around with 4.4kg of baby inside (plus uterus/placenta/etc), a little while later all that is gone and the feeling of your guts dropping back down into place is truly bizarre. Plus your stomach muscles are separated and stretched so you have less core strength, which also feels strange. I just felt so fragile for a few days after having both babies.
    This is exactly what I would have written, right down to the size of the baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this isn't quite on topic, but I'd read lots of birth stories and wasn't sure what to expect. So I was surprised that giving birth can happen without complications/horrendous pain (was bad but not what I'd built it up to be). But I still felt completely shocked by the experience. And I gave birth last Friday.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-08-2014)