+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    I think it's called a 'no push labor'. I'd heard of it and had Googled but forgot all about it in labor. When the time came I pushed for a bit but MW said that he was not low enough even though I was fully dilated. So I stopped pushing ( I did a calmbirth course so I was able to focus elsewhere) had a few contrations then had one big contraction and Ifelt him come down and head out. Took MW by surprise. She was in the middle of putting her gloves on but it was great. None of that push , push , push , puuussshhhhh! He then got shoulder distocia (which they'd been concerned about anyway as they knew he was big) so that's was another thing entirely. Still no tearing though.
    Your body will just do it. Women in comas or who are unconscious will still birth a baby with no pushing on their part. Your body will just do it as long as there is no physical complications ( obstructed labor issues).
    If I was having another one I'd choose the no push method.
    It's your body's natural expulsive reflex that does it. Read all about it in my hypnobirthing book, which is the theory behind 'breathing' your baby out. Sounds yuck, but It's a bit like having a poo, if all is well it just slides out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    How you forget what labour was like until it starts again. Not looking forward to tonight!
    All done and dusted!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Congrats babe. How did it go? What did you have?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Congrats babe. How did it go? What did you have?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Made it to the hospital with 90 minutes to spare! Baby boy number 3 - Ernie Malcolm. 4.1kg, a bit of gas, no tears.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (17-08-2014),LoveLivesHere  (17-08-2014),Starfish30  (17-08-2014),Vonnie89  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Made it to the hospital with 90 minutes to spare! Baby boy number 3 - Ernie Malcolm. 4.1kg, a bit of gas, no tears.
    Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I'd been told that all the stuff I read that stuck in my mind from here and google are the extremes, not the norms. I was absolutely petrified of things id read such as epi's not working, the numbness traveling upwards and stopping breathing, losing so much blood quickly I nearly died...I don't know why I didn't trust that this stuff hadn't happened to anyone I know.

My c section birth was text book, fine...which is probably why I haven't commented on here about it I suppose!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-08-2014)