+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    That a bag of syntocinon after the actual birth can dramatically reduce both the heaviness and length you bleed for. Omg I wish I had it for my 5th Bub.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lots if ppl saying about after pains. I was terrified of the after pains after dd (2nd child). I got magnesium gel for dd2 and it worked wonderfully! Still painful but not as bad as dd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After birth pains. I didn't have any after DS but OMG I certainly did after DD. They were worse than contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 05-02-2015 at 11:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I guess realistically I should have known this one but my pregnancy was so incredibly trouble free that I arrogantly believed birth would be too. It was just like a downwards slope of bad to worse for me.

No one told me that birth may not be the happy occasion you see all over tv. I imagined sitting up on the bed with my DP and our beautiful baby so completely in love. In reality I was so exhausted that I had the midwife sitting on the bed with me feeding my daughter while I couldn't even hold her. The room was buzzing with doctors and poor DP was traumatised. Then I was taken to the ward and left by myself scared and alone and unable to sleep. I almost felt a small amount of resentment for my daughter for the situation I was left in.

I was told by many that you forget the bad, I didn't believe just how true that was. If I think about the facts I can see how it was an awful time, but in my heart I don't feel like it was so bad after all. In fact, I don't feel like it was bad at all. I couldn't imagine my life without my beautiful family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    Lots if ppl saying about after pains. I was terrified of the after pains after dd (2nd child). I got magnesium gel for dd2 and it worked wonderfully! Still painful but not as bad as dd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    where do you buy magnesium gel from and any brand you could specifically recommend? Also how/where do you apply it? Do you start applying it just on your arms or something a few weeks before birth? TIA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

shani2  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For post C sect... That a nurse would come into my room and wipe and clean up my vjj every hour... I was like are u f***ing kidding me!!!!

That you can go from zero to 10 in pain during an induction... Like BANG... I was shocked and horrified and .....completely outraged!

That a planned c sect can suck balls...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    For post C sect... That a nurse would come into my room and wipe and clean up my vjj every hour... I was like are u f***ing kidding me!!!!
    Yes, this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post

That you can go from zero to 10 in pain during an induction... Like BANG... I was shocked and horrified and .....completely outraged!

That a planned c sect can suck balls...
    Or grab your boobs and nipples to show you how to feed bub and where to place your nipple on bubs mouth to ensure good suckling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That subsequent births are not always easier. In fact. ..They can be much harder!
    Also you don't need to actually push to get the head out. When your body is ready it will come out with the contraction no pushing at all. And we're talking a 4.52kg bub born with no tearing at all.
    Wish I'd know this for my first two. So much energy was wasted!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (15-08-2014),Starfish30  (15-08-2014)