Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Heartstringz
    I agree I with trusting instincts
    I got off the phone with midwife who said take Panadol and go to bed
    I arrived in hospital and hour later
    10 cm and had dd 45mins later

Thanks
    Reviews
    That not everyone can get an epidural in so for two hours your having contractions and being stabbed in the back at the same time (which they didn't get in by the way) and the same thing for the spinal in theatre afterwards. Also the stomach feeling when you first stand up, omg omg, did not expect that. Third day blues sucked! Especially when Bubs had to be in special care due to jaundice (which isn't really that bad but is made worse cause your an emotional wreck lol) I think I missed the ring of fire due to thinking my back passage was falling out for the last hour before crowning lol and even after all this I was saying a few hours before the birth I would do it again. Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nobody told me how difficult breastfeeding would be. Not physically doing it, but emotionally stressed wanting a week for your milk to come in with a screaming newborn, feeling like your somehow doing something wrong. Everyone told me day 2-3, not 7! Thank god for formula top up's and the EBM machine thing you can hire, to get things moving once I was home.

I had no idea I wouldn't remember the first day of my childs lift after having a C/S under G/A. Everyone got to hold him before me, it was utterly heartbreaking. Next time, no visitors until day 2 when I've I'm concious enough to get out of bed & have a shower and have a conversation with someone. Poor ex had to repeat the same question 10 times before I'd respond lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one to add, nobody told me that I lost a lot of blood during my C/S, I would have loved a blood transfusion thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a post partum haemorrhage is like and how scary it can be.

Also what's involved when they have to manually remove parts of your placenta/leftover product. It was the most painful and bizarre feeling. My stomach was sore for days, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

And that you can get post partum PUPPS, there are no words to describe that itchy hell on earth rash!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    What a post partum haemorrhage is like and how scary it can be.

Also what's involved when they have to manually remove parts of your placenta/leftover product. It was the most painful and bizarre feeling. My stomach was sore for days, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.
    Oh my God, yes. Or when you haemorrhage and tell them 'something just came out of me' and the doctor has a look and says 'oh $hit' :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    And that you can get post partum PUPPS, there are no words to describe that itchy hell on earth rash!
    That just made my stomach sink! The eczema im dealing with now is bad enough to send me bat s**t crazy. God forbid i cop that too -.-

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh my God, yes. Or when you haemorrhage and tell them 'something just came out of me' and the doctor has a look and says 'oh $hit' :-)
    Or they cant be bothered actually looking, even after several mentions of it and just say it's normal then end up in emergency the next week because you had retained placenta that caused a massive infection resulting in septicemia..

And @harvs how scary to hear that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That breastfeeding isn't difficult for everyone. I was expecting the worst pain whilst bf but didn't have any at all EVER!?!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

penny92  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sometimes epis don't work.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (15-08-2014)