+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh Zelda's tweet is heart breaking 😢 It's such sad news, such a terrible way to go, and to think he really believed the world would be better without him... He touched so many of us with his humour and kindness, he seemed like a really genuine person. I was so looking forward to sharing his films with DD as she grows older, watching them will never be the same again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Oh Zelda's tweet is heart breaking 😢 It's such sad news, such a terrible way to go, and to think he really believed the world would be better without him... He touched so many of us with his humour and kindness, he seemed like a really genuine person. I was so looking forward to sharing his films with DD as she grows older, watching them will never be the same again.
    Can you share a link I'm on my phone ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    Can you share a link I'm on my phone ..

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/entertainm...5185ec4b38ca37

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh golly....so so sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babe Ruth had a quote "heroes get remembered, but legends never die".

I think this applies to Robin Williams. Inspiring actor and a great man all round. I've never met anyone who didn't like him. He was funny and I grew up with his movies. His memory will live on with his movies. R.I.P Robin 💗

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=35⭐️

Weight Loss: 6.7kg
    Weight Loss until Goal weight: 10.9
    Weight Loss until SUPER Goal weight: 15.9kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had forgotten about the ad they did together for Nintendo. I remember when I first saw it I was touched by their close relationship and how normal they seemed, reminded me of me and my Dad. His poor daughter 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Copy and pasting this from a different forum I'm on. Not sure how to quote on phone but it's a nice story about this great man we have lost.

I have a powerful story about Robin Williams. Fair warning, it is pretty long. <br />
    <br />
    A friend of mine who was very new in his sobriety went to his first AA meeting feeling totally alone and terribly scared. He got there a half hour early, having misread the meeting time. <br />
    <br />
    He walked in and there was Robin Williams making pots of coffee. My friend was stunned and Mr. Williams sensing his nervousness said "Stick around. The coffee is almost ready and I promise you it isn't as bad as What Dreams May Come". <br />
    <br />
    My friend stuck around. There Robin Williams was carefully setting up the coffee table with a tablecloth, cups and saucers, creamers, sugar bowls and sterling silver teaspoons. He left for a brief moment to return with a beautiful flower arrangement. People started to pour in and Robin would stand there and look on the bottom of the cups and saucers and hand them to various people, serving them coffee. My friend thought it odd but soon saw that the first name of each person was written on the bottom of each cup and saucer. Robin asked my friend what his name was and grabbed a new cup and saucer and wrote his name on the bottom of both. <br />
    <br />
    The meeting concluded and there was Mr. Williams gathering the china and silverware, which he washed by hand refusing any assistance. He placed them in several boxes that he hauled to his car. He came back to make sure the kitchen was clean and left the flowers for the church. <br />
    <br />
    Every week it was the same thing. He would bring in the tablecloth, cups and saucers, creamer, sugar bowls, silver teaspoons and flower arrangement, make the coffee and set it all up. My friend finally worked up the nerve to ask him why he was doing any of this, still stunned that a huge star like Robin Williams was arriving early and staying late to do menial tasks. My friend will never forget the response: "Dignity. Most of us here forget that we have any or deserve any."<br />
    <br />
    Over the years, if people left the group, Mr. Williams gave them their cup and saucer and a sterling silver teaspoon. People left for various reasons, mostly job relocation. My friend ended up leaving for a dream job, moving to the North East. He has been sober for 11 years now and started an AA group in his community. Everybody who arrives is greeted with coffee in cups and saucers, creamers, sugar bowls, silver teaspoons. There is a bouquet of flowers placed on the table, which has a tablecloth on it. The cup, saucer and sterling silver teaspoon that Robin Williams gave him is encased in glass. He brings it to every meeting. It is a symbol. <br />
    <br />
    Mr. Williams saved my friends life. He is simply devastated that he could not save his.<br/>

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (12-08-2014),HearMeRoar  (12-08-2014),Koarlo  (12-08-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (12-08-2014),Mellie29  (12-08-2014),Nameuserxxx  (12-08-2014),RuffledPansy  (12-08-2014),White Mage  (12-08-2014),zooey  (12-08-2014),~Marigold~  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Mrs Doubtfire just started on 10 and I'm going to need to find the tissues

"Insert witty signature here"

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It just goes to show the absolute despair that can be caused by depression, if someone as loved and respected as Robin Williams can come to such an end :'(

My favourite line from Dead Poets:
    "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. And not when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"

Farewell Oh Captain my Captain, no one can say you did not live, but the world is a lesser place without you &lt;img src=&quot;images/smilies/frown.gif&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; title=&quot;Frown&quot; smilieid=&quot;11&quot; class=&quot;inlineimg&quot;
    Last edited by Gothel; 12-08-2014 at 19:56.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (12-08-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-08-2014),White Mage  (13-08-2014)