+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Night toilet visits (around 5 yrs old)

How often does you child go?

Do they wake/call for you, or go on their own?
    (If no, did they used to)?

After a toilet visit do they go back to their bed on their own?

Do they still wear a night nappy and is it wet?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd is 4.5 she usually goes once a night sometimes more if she is having trouble sleeping. for about 6months she has been taking herself. I have a hallway sensor light and another sensor light in the bathroom. Also a toddler toilet seat for her to use. These things helped make it easier for her to go on her own. No nappies.
    We cosleep as per other thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds1 will be 5 next month and is fully toilet trained. He will go to the toilet before bed and when he wakes in the morning. Occasionally he'll go in the middle of the night. He wakes up, takes himself to the toilet and crawls into my bed(he wanders into my bed most nights anyway). When we started night toilet training he would go just before bed, I would wake him as I was going to bed then put him back to his bed. After a few months I left him to see if he would go all night with out wetting and he did. He is in undies overnight but has a waterproof mattress protector on his bed just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    DS1 has been night trained since he was 4 (now 6) some nights he doesnt go at all, some he takes himself but he also sleep walks a lot so sometimes he pees in random spots around the house.

DS2 is 4, has been night trained for about 10 months now. Most nights he sleeps through without weeing but if he does need to go he calls out for me to come take him.

They both go back to sleep straight away if they have woken up to wee.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4.5yo DD has been night dry for nearly 2 years. I can count on one hand the amount of times she has gotten up during the night to pee. I make her go when she wakes for the day, if not she'd hold on for a few more hours, her reason "I don't like getting a cold bottom"!
    I'm jealous of her ability to hold it, I've just gotta walk past the bathroom and feel the urge
    My 18mo pee's like racehorse and leaks through nappies multiple times a day even with frequent changes, I'm sure once he is trained he'll be up frequently during the night so subbing for tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was toilet trained at 18 months for both day and night and hadn't worn a nappy since. For a while she would wake up once or twice and I would take her. Just before her 3rd birthday she started occasionally waking up but sleeping through most nights. I also did the whole taking her just before I sleep.

Now she's 4, wakes up occasionally and when she does, comes to my room to tell me she's going then goes straight to her bed after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 was night trained 2 yrs ago. She rarely wakes overnight to pee as I restrict water after dinner. If she does she then climbs into my bed for cuddles.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS has been out of night nappies for about a year, since he was about 3 yrs 8 months. He always goes before bed and has never got up to pee in the night or wet the bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 5 hasn't worn a nappy to bed for about 2 years. She very rarely gets up at night for the toilet, maybe 5 times ever (yet had very wet nappies at night prior to toilet training). She would call for me if she needed the toilet. She goes back to sleep easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DS just turned 5. He has been daytime toilet trained since he was 3.5 & at about 4.5 for overnight. He probably could have been trained at an earlier age for overnight, but we had a newborn at the time, so we got a bit lazy with it & kept him in pull-ups for a while. We went through a bed wetting stage, but he's well past that now. He doesn't get up at all to go to the toilet.