+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh you're about a month ahead of me good luck!
    I got my period Thursday which was 13 days past egg collection so now I am on day 5 of my 'cycle'. Will wait til day 29 to start provera to do it all again.
    Though right now I am thinking I can't imagine doing it all over again I am on a real downer and wonder if I might wait a bit longer before I start the ball rolling on the frozen transfer cycle. As I don't get natural cycles I have some control at least as I can decide when to start the provera to kick it all off.
    Ahh the roller coaster of ivf emotions I am up and down like this all the time, half the time I desperately want it to work and the other half of the time I can't really be bothered with it at all. Think it might have a bit to do with chaotic hormones!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gingermillie I'm sorry your feeling down. Sending you a hug xx it's a pretty hard journey so being up and down is normal. I can totally understand. When I'm busy and not around pregnant people I'm fine and then all of a sudden I speak to a pregnant friend and I remember that I'm not part of the club.

Try and keep your chin up as you have 5 little frosties with your name on which is 50% of the way there

@Rocky27 how are you going? Any sign of AF?

Day 16 for me so very much at snails pace

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Sept/Oct FET Transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gingermillie, I completely understand the emotions being up & down. I seem to experience that quite often, haha. You sound like me, because I don't get normal cycles I can sort of choose when I take provera.

A miracle4me, how are you going? I think I'm about to get CD1. I can't wait to be able to ring up to get my list of dates with scan & when to take medications etc.

Does anyone have any idea for a natural FET, how long is it usually done after CD1? This is my first one so am not sure what to expect with dates etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post

Does anyone have any idea for a natural FET, how long is it usually done after CD1? This is my first one so am not sure what to expect with dates etc.
    I think it is usually timed to be about when you ovulate or just after.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemeeple For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rocky, good luck with your FET. They will do bloods etc to see when you ovulate. Day after ovulation is day 1 and they put back at embie at its corresponding age so if you have a 3 day old embie it goes back in 3 days post ovulation etc. some clinics also get you to come in for a scan to check lining before implantation. I don't ovulate regularly so was on letrozole CD2-6 then ovulated on CD13 and had a 5 day embie put in on CD18 so 5 days post O xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I'm still trying to figure it all out That all makes sense though. They said they were going to start with the day3 embies, so that's good to know how it'll work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just found out that my transfer is being cancelled. The clinic told me that if my level was less than 10000 transfer would go ahead. I used the nasal spray as a trigger and my level came in at 7000. I know I had a lot of follicles (45) but before I cycled I had 80 on u/s. I feel good, no bloating, the doctor that did my egg collection said there was no free fluid on the ultrasound. What is the the reasons you ladies had the transfer cancelled? Did you feel unwell?

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    No ovulation on 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of clomid
    Soon to start on the ivf journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally girl View Post
    I have just found out that my transfer is being cancelled. The clinic told me that if my level was less than 10000 transfer would go ahead. I used the nasal spray as a trigger and my level came in at 7000. I know I had a lot of follicles (45) but before I cycled I had 80 on u/s. I feel good, no bloating, the doctor that did my egg collection said there was no free fluid on the ultrasound. What is the the reasons you ladies had the transfer cancelled? Did you feel unwell?

Hi Sally

That's so many follicles!

OHSS is a serious risk - it can be very bad for you and bad for a baby. Try to see this as a positive though I know it can be disappointing not to proceed to transfer but you may even have a better chance of success with a frostie once your ovaries have calmed down, you wouldn't want to put one in there at the moment and potentially waste a good one on getting really sick.

OHSS if you get it now will be manageable but if you got pregnant OHSS becomes a bit out of control because the body would produce oestrogen as part of the pregnancy and this would keep your follies stimulated instead of them calming down and that's where the risk is.

Hang in there. Your FS is doing a good job
    Last edited by ScubaGal; 02-09-2014 at 06:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou that explanation has helped me a lot, I didn't realise pregnancy worsens ohss. I got a call this morning and they said 22 have fertilised and they will keep me updated each day. I think I was struggling with the idea of being cancelled because I was feeling good, so I was hoping they would change their minds. The fertility nurse today explained that I would have got sick with the trigger shot ovidrel so that's why I had the syrunal nasal spray as a trigger. If you have the nasal spray they cannot transfer as the spray damages the uterus lining therefore transplantation wouldn't be successful.
    Feeling better I understand it now, just hope these next few weeks don't drag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Sally girl

No worries happy to help. There's a great e-book called IVF an Emotional Companion and it has a story in it about a woman who gets pregnant and her OHSS worsens and eventually she loses the baby so I take it really seriously.

Meanwhile 22 FERT! That's amazing!! have yourself a big glass of wine to celebrate that

The waiting will seem like eternity but at least you can take comfort that your embryos will be ready to go when you are.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Sally girl  (02-09-2014)