+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi GM, I've also had a similar journey. I have pcos I found the hardest thing about my ivf journey the waiting in between steps of the process. It really helped me to put a positive spin that each hurdle you encounter was bringing you closer to your BFP. Not only did I have a freeze all due to suspected OHSS (high AMH and over 20 follies) but they found fluid leaking into my endometrium. Here I was grumpy thinking I had to a have a month off due to freeze all but it turned into 6 months off while I had a operation to remove a damaged tube. The delay was difficult to say the least. Congrats on getting 7 embies you have done the hard part now and are getting closer to the prize. With a break from the stim drugs your body might respond better to a FET anyway. Sending you lots of baby dust for your FET. Ps, am currently plodding along pregnant with my precious cargo almost 11 weeks xxx
    Last edited by bel2466; 13-08-2014 at 21:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So an update.. 3 embryos frozen at 3 days, 2 blastocysts frozen at day 6 (1x4BB, 1x2BB). 2 blastocysts were not good enough to freeze. I know this is a reasonable result and we have something to work with for the frozen transfer but I'm not sold on it if you know what I mean. I am recovering well from OHSS only a bit swollen and pain is much better. Now I wait for my period then wait another month start the provera then start my FSH stimulated ovulation induction cycle for embryo transfer. I anticipate I will be looking at early November for the transfer. Feels like a lifetime away!
    Out of all this I am pleased our eggs and sperm managed to make fertilization that's an achievement and it's nice to think there are these early babies there in the lab that are a part of us.
    Thanks for all the responses it makes you feel less alone. Infertility is one of those things not openly discussed but it is so common. My 2 key supports are my husband who is the most amazing person and my office-mate who ironically is a midwife and is the most caring generous and supportive person and knows every step we've been through. Other than that I keep it all pretty close to my chest because I just don't want the questions and the wondering from people around me. It's also hard to talk to people that don't understand either the technical parts of treatment or the emotional aspect. So thanks for listening and understanding what I'm on about and I wish everyone a happy outcome whatever happens to us..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done on 5 great sounding frosties! Hope the wait goes quickly for you and that November brings you much success x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats on your frosties @gingermillie , thats a great result. After 8 cycles of IVF I've never had any blastocysts good enough to freeze, makes me wonder the quality of the ones they transfer. I've read frozen transfer have a better rate os success than fresh.
    I know what you mean about people not understanding the emotional aspect of IVF. I forget myself at times and then go through it all again and I remember how hard it is.

Good luck for november, it is such a long wait isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gingermillie That's a really good result! Glad your recovering well from the OHSS and are on the mend.

Quick question, how come you need to wait until Nov? You should get your period soon with all the drop in hormones and then it should only be a max of 6 weeks after that. If recommend starting Provera within 5 weeks if you haven't had AF again. Speak to your FS tho as I'm sure they won't let your cycle drag on like us PCOSers normally have.

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Sept/Oct FET Transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ginger, the same thing happened to me in May. I had my egg pick up & due to OHSS, all embies were frozen.

I have PCOS & endo & don't usually get af on my own (usually once or twice a year).

I'm about to start taking Provera & will start all the meds to hopefully get a nice thick lining. They're going to do a scan on CD12 to check.

The wait is sooooo hard! We've been trying for almost 4 years now & I figure what's another month or so? Even though it feels like forever at the time. I felt so terrible I think I was a little relieved when they told me I had to wait until my body recovered properly.

I hope it goes by fast for you & you get a lovely BFP as an early Christmas present

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there - I have stepped out the process based on previous cycles and earliest possible frozen transfer will be late October more likely early November. Based on the following:
    1 week til current cycle ends and period (maybe!)
    28 days 'recovery cycle'
    7 days provera tablets at end as otherwise I don't get a period
    7 days til period starts after finishing provera
    commence FSH day 5 of the cycle
    minimum 21-25 days injections (based on 3 previous FSH cycles)
    then finally frozen transfer
    this all equates to somewhere between 10-12 weeks from now which takes me to early November.
    Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky27 good luck!! Hope this all goes well for you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning @gingermillie thanks for explaining! PCOS is super annoying 😕
    I'm not sure how far you are from EPU but you may get a pleasant surprise as I got AF exactly 7 days after. It was totally unexpected and gave me a 21 day cycle. For all of 5 minutes I felt like a 'normal' woman!
    Crossing fingers for both of us that we get this 'gap' cycle over and done with soon so we can get back on the wagon.
    We may even have our 2WW together.

Good luck with your scan @Rocky27 you must be relieved to finally start the FET cycle. Let us know how you go!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Sept/Oct FET Transfer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (22-08-2014),ScubaGal  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gingermillie & amiracle4me, thank-you, you're so lovely I'm starting provera now to hopefully bring on af & then start the cycle for our first ever transfer.

How are you going??